New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys. I'm a working Snowbird who spends mid-November through mid-April in St. Petersberg, Florida. I do back to back doubles on Friday and Saturday there so I can fish the rest of the week (water's a lot less crowded during the week). I'm not a guide, but I have a pretty nice flats boat and I catch plenty of fish. I've got the sea trout (great eating) pretty well figured out and can usually catch them all day long. I target saltwater sheepshead as well (great eating) and can usually get them as well. The redfish and snook are trickier species' to catch, so I don't target them much, but get them occasionally, more so redfish. My boat isn't big enough to go offshore, so I stay inshore, flats fishing they call it.

I know a lot of NBers go down to the St Pete area during the winter. I was hoping that some of the better fisherman on here do as well, and maybe we could work out a trade. I've got the pickeral here figured out. I do OK but not as well as I'd like with the smallmouth. I'd also like to do some sturgeon and striper fishing. If there are any real good smallmouth fisherman on here that could help me raise my game, or guys that can just show me the basics of sturgeon and stripers, and you go down to the St Pete area, I'd gladly take you out when you're down there in exchange with helping me out with the above. Like I said, I'm not a guide, so you'd have to have your own license and gear.

I'm also thinking about putting an ad on Craigslist down there to take people out for the day for just $50. I would put that I'm not a guide and you'd be just helping me out with "gas money". Guides cost something like $300 for 6 hours, so I'm gonna see if that works out. I don't have any desire really to be a guide and have to babysit somebody, but since I'm on the water, and if somebody has their own gear etc and wants to go out, what the heck. So if you know anyone up here that goes down and isn't interested in what I suggested above and just wants to go out for $50, have them get ahold of me. Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts