New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm fairly certain it's the same test for either class. I have both and have switched back and forth a couple of times. I wrote the test so long ago I don't remember much about it but I know I didn't study for it. Seems to me it was pretty basic.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I took the test six or seven years ago.
It's 50 questions and all of the answers are in the fish guide you get when you buy a fishing licence. Which is good, because if you've been fishing for a number of years, you should be familiar with the info in the guide. And if not, it's easy to study.
I'm not the brightest bulb in the box and passed easily.
I can't remember what it costs to write the test but I recall it wasn't too expensive.
Call ahead because, at least when I wrote mine, a warden had to be present to mark the results.
Funny story: when I went to write it, I was told by other guides that it was just five questions. So you can imagine the look on my face when they plopped down a chunk of papers as thick as the yellow pages! I told them I didn't need a study manual. The warden laughed: "That's not a study manual. That's the test."
LOL!
Still passed it with ease.

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you're like me and don't hunt any more (nearly shot by an idiot who thought deer wear orange hunting coats and orange stocking caps)you may need to read the hunting guide booklet before writing. Some of the bear hunting questions kind of threw me, but as the guys are saying the test is not that hard.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, and yes I am like you Well Hooked I'm not a hunter ( even though I was on the canadian shooting team back in 1988
but I'm glad you told me that I had to study both I didn't realize that the license covers both hunting and fishing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi just wondering if there are any class 2 fishing guides that .. can point me in the right direction as to what to study for the exam ? sorry about the typo in the heading
Google N.B. fish and wildlife and search through and you will find a section on guides.I believe most of the info is there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts