New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hello Habs! Just wondering if there were any signs indicating where the public launch is located, I was just looking at google maps and there seems to be a lot of roads leading to the lake, thanks Ron

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Ronnie,
There were no signs. We did take a couple of turns once we hit the gravel road. It was my first time there and I am sure I could not find it on my own.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I was there on Monday I went in the back was threw pellatoma lake Rd into the basin. It is a strait drive all the way to the first blue sign that says plubic boat lanch turn right there all rights after that.. marked with arrows it is starting to close in a bit.. If you have a bigger boat i would go to tweadside side there is a ramp there. It is shallow and hard to get your boat off if you dont have any tricks to do so... Was a great day with some unusally big fish bunch of 16 to 18 and two 20's
good luck...

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm not familar with the launch over in the basin. The only actual public boat launch that I know about is in the cove at the south end. Travel all the way down the Tweedside road onto the gravel and keep going past where the lake roads run out last one is lane 26 I believe, keep going and take the biggest road on the left, there is a rock painted there that says "9 miles of hell" or something like that (road is really not that bad). If you start down over the big hill with a few corners then you've gone too far. Keep going on this road and the boat launch road is on the left. Last spring it was impassible due to a beaver dam, noy sure if it has been removed or not. You used to be able to get in there with a 2WD truck or SUV. Just a few rocks sticking up in the middle of the road to avoid. Past that your driving down lake roads looking for a place where there is a right of way to the lake, which is still private as the right of way is for the landowner in behind the lake/camp lots which origionally sold the lots off of his farm and they liked to keep right of way to the lake to water cows, horses etc not really used for that now. But if you know where your going they can be found. South end is really the best place as you can actually float a boat off there where as other places you back into the lake, put your rear tires just at waters edge and your boat is still a foot over the water. Maybe we should have some lake maps for NB done up with instructions of where to launch this would be a good asset for all.

Bill G.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I was there on Monday I went in the back was threw pellatoma lake Rd into the basin. It is a strait drive all the way to the first blue sign that says plubic boat lanch turn right there all rights after that.. marked with arrows it is starting to close in a bit.. If you have a bigger boat i would go to tweadside side there is a ramp there. It is shallow and hard to get your boat off if you dont have any tricks to do so... Was a great day with some unusally big fish bunch of 16 to 18 and two 20's
good luck...
Yesterday IPOP and I tried to get into the basin this way. I drive a Pontiac Montana minivan, and he had his car. Bad move. We managed to get to within about a km from the launch before we could go no further. There were some very large mud puddles (knee deep at the tires with a big ridge in the middle). We should have turned around a couple of km earlier but we are stubborn and foolish.

Anyway... for anyone wanting to come this way... a truck or SUV with good clearance is essential.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts