New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Finnaly got out fishing in my kayak went to hammond river with brendan for brookies and pickerel, after a few casts i got a nibble but missed him , i casted a few more times and got a bite. i set the hook and i thought i missed him... then he jumped(4 feet in the air) i tried to call for the net but they couldn't hear me! I started to get pulled by the fish down river. My dad finally looked just as it jumped, so he paddled towards me. we tried to net it but it was too big for the net! Once we finally flopped it on my lap we found that it was a 28' ATLANTIC SALMON!!!!!!!!!!! my first salmon ever , while using my kayak, rods and that rig for the first tim!!!!!!!

(i posted some pics on the gallery)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Finnaly got out fishing in my kayak went to hammond river with brendan for brookies and pickerel, after a few casts i got a nibble but missed him , i casted a few more times and got a bite. i set the hook and i thought i missed him... then he jumped(4 feet in the air) i tried to call for the net but they couldn't hear me! I started to get pulled by the fish down river. My dad finally looked just as it jumped, so he paddled towards me. we tried to net it but it was too big for the net! Once we finally flopped it on my lap we found that it was a 28' ATLANTIC SALMON!!!!!!!!!!! my first salmon ever , while using my kayak, rods and that rig for the first tim!!!!!!!

(i posted some pics on the gallery)
hehehe sounds like you had some fun eh!

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
Nick, did you guys park at the Hammond River Lodge, and did you have a tan colored sit-on-top? I was also parked there (the green kayak on top of a grey 4Runner). I didn't fish, though. We had a meeting, so I was just casting a bit from shore. No hits or nothing. What were you using for bait?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nick, did you guys park at the Hammond River Lodge, and did you have a tan colored sit-on-top? I was also parked there (the green kayak on top of a grey 4Runner). I didn't fish, though. We had a meeting, so I was just casting a bit from shore. No hits or nothing. What were you using for bait?
no my friend was in the tan one i was in a yellow sit in i arrived probably a few minutes after him , and ya i saw yours ... looks like a nice one. and stroover, do you know how to fix a hole il my kayak about the size of a pencil eraser?

·
Registered
113 Posts
no my friend was in the tan one i was in a yellow sit in i arrived probably a few minutes after him , and ya i saw yours ... looks like a nice one. and stroover, do you know how to fix a hole il my kayak about the size of a pencil eraser?
nickfenn1

I saw your post and googled "fix hole in plastic kayak" and got a ton of hits. It looks like you need to get some polyethylene welding rod and a heat gun to do the best job. You can get them in the proper colour I suppose, but I didn't drill down too deep to get much detail. Just enough to see that the info is out there waiting for you.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nickfenn1

I saw your post and googled "fix hole in plastic kayak" and got a ton of hits. It looks like you need to get some polyethylene welding rod and a heat gun to do the best job. You can get them in the proper colour I suppose, but I didn't drill down too deep to get much detail. Just enough to see that the info is out there waiting for you.
thanks ill have to tell my dad

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nickfenn1

me and my dad were thinking of just filling it with epoxy and letting it dry... would that work

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
Nick, I would go to crappy tire and buy some JB Weld and use that. It's a kind of epoxy that comes in two separate tubes. You mix equal amounts from both tubes and spread it where you want it. That stuff will harden like steel, is water proof and heat proof.

so, who shot your boat with a .22?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts