New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I wrote a blog post about my first day at Crooked Creek this season. I have fished there for over 15 years and the river has always been the same. From last year to this year there are dramatic changes to the river system. There must have been a crazy amount of water flowing down the system this spring to do this. Feel free to ready my post if you have the time.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I wrote a blog post about my first day at Crooked Creek this season. I have fished there for over 15 years and the river has always been the same. From last year to this year there are dramatic changes to the river system. There must have been a crazy amount of water flowing down the system this spring to do this. Feel free to ready my post if you have the time.
Hey, I read your blog, very interesting! You my friend seem like the perfect person for my situation! I love fishing, I am 16 and originally from Thunder Bay ontario. There we get a lot of rainbow trout (regular and Steel Head Rainbows) and when I moved here, I only caught brook trout!. I know about crooked creek and shepody river having rainbow trout but do not know any good spots to fish there or any good ways to get there. Me and My step dad wanted to go for rainbows for a while now, but have no Idea where to fish the creek, any information you could possibly give to us would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance for anything Have a great day! and good luck on the water ! <><

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just before going up to the lookout there is a dirt road to the left. The place where the first bridge use to be is 4.7 kms in. It is a rough ride and the bush is overgrown. I start fishing at this point and travel upstream. There are pools as you go. Like I said in the post the system has changed due to the spring. The water was low yesterday so we focused on the pools. You can go as far upstream as you want. Some days you can have great luck, others not so much, but that is part of fishing. Good luck if you give it a try.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Just before going up to the lookout there is a dirt road to the left. The place where the first bridge use to be is 4.7 kms in. It is a rough ride and the bush is overgrown. I start fishing at this point and travel upstream. There are pools as you go. Like I said in the post the system has changed due to the spring. The water was low yesterday so we focused on the pools. You can go as far upstream as you want. Some days you can have great luck, others not so much, but that is part of fishing. Good luck if you give it a try.
Thanks very much! I tried there before, but when we got there there was about 15 people swimming! I noticed a beaver dam there last year, but not sure if it was just drainage or if it was actually off the river as I did not catch any and did not feel the need to explore it as it probabally was melt/overflow water. I did see a few nice pools and not knowing the depth of the creek, I only brought my spinning rod. Next time I go I am definately going with my fly rod and some royal coachmens like you suggested! Thank you for all your help! If you ever need any good areas for bass/pickerel just let me know I will do my best to help!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks very much! I tried there before, but when we got there there was about 15 people swimming! I noticed a beaver dam there last year, but not sure if it was just drainage or if it was actually off the river as I did not catch any and did not feel the need to explore it as it probabally was melt/overflow water. I did see a few nice pools and not knowing the depth of the creek, I only brought my spinning rod. Next time I go I am definately going with my fly rod and some royal coachmens like you suggested! Thank you for all your help! If you ever need any good areas for bass/pickerel just let me know I will do my best to help!
you probably went down to the swimming pool with the waterfalls. Although there are fish there you want to go above that.

·
Registered
132 Posts
ok I was at the river for the first time yesterday. we drove down the road next to the lookout, when we got to the river we went down stream to the falls. Thought the river was going to look a little different than what I saw. Seems to be a shallow river to fish not too much action budy of mine caught a nice 11-12" rainbow other than that nothing, the river was actually running fast so that might have something to do with it. Where would be the best place to start fishing this river?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Is the Crooked Creek Rd paved or not? Might give a try for some rainbow but I just have a car and don't want to do some offroad!

Thank you!

·
Registered
395 Posts
This is part of the Shepody river near Riverside-Albert no? I never fished this place but I am sure it is... If so, you can still hit this river from the main road (which is paved).... just look on the map, should be very easy to find this

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is part of the Shepody river near Riverside-Albert no? I never fished this place but I am sure it is... If so, you can still hit this river from the main road (which is paved).... just look on the map, should be very easy to find this
All depends on how far you go up, I believe the swimming hole is at the end of the paved road, and past that where the fishing is good is dirt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts