New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, if this statement is true (Environment Canada says most of the country is in for a hot, dry summer with the exception of Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Newfoundland, where it will be wetter than normal.) We can probably say this season might be worst than last year, and more fish will died, this isn't good!

more at http://www.cbc.ca/ne...st.html?ref=rss

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
They're wrong. You go by the pine cones and all conifer cones for that matter. If by the end of the summer there are lots of cones in the trees, that means the following summer will be hot and dry. If there are little to no pine cones, then it will be a colder, wet summer. At the end of last summer there were hardly any cones in the trees, so THIS summer will be cold and wet.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I think mother nature is outta whack !! I was told by a pest control guy that if the wasp nest are low to the ground then it means not much snow. well what the hell happened last winter LOL. Things are changing. My best advice is to start a log book. it takes 2 min to write something or type if your choice is todays style. that 2 min. will help you or your kids years from now. My father always kept a log I laughed at it growing up but not laughing now. I can see the changes and the changes are comming fast ... where are the sea run ?? why are salmon running early.. why are the fiddle head pickers in a tizzy... and as keith wilson said why are spring salmon looking so healthy ?? All questions that you can thing about but start a log and look at the changes to our enviroment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts