New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
We were on the Depo Saturday Sunday and Monday August 7,8 and 9th fishing was good water is very low but Sunday am air temp was 4 and water was 11 fish were taking well. remember it is hook and release only. I was at the elbow at the 3rd week in June I liked the upper pools my self pray for rain, and good luck to you. Be sure to bring some dry flies

·
Registered
19 Posts
where is the elbow strech if you don't mind me asking?
You can find all you need on the DNR site related to crown reserves, you can find the road map, details on the camp as well as pools... all easily printable.... here is the site --> http://www.gnb.ca/0254/CrownReserve/Miramichi-e.asp

I am not sure about the catch and release as on August 1, 2010 i recall a mention on the news that these pools were opened... best bet is to call DNR and ask them yourself... I've been at elbow 2 years running, back in 08 and 09, green machines, brown bugs, blue charms were the choice flies back then... and still must be now... i've always had good luck with green machines myself... o

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will we be able to drive to the camp with a truck and 4-wheeler trailer? I know some of the stretchs have goat paths for roads.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Will we be able to drive to the camp with a truck and 4-wheeler trailer? I know some of the stretchs have goat paths for roads.
You will be able to drive directly to the camp with both... just take your time going down the last hill before you reach the camp... it's a little bumpy... you will be fine.... enjoy your time there...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts