New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left 2 rods in east branch (Musquash) last night, August 8. The rods were set down behind the pump house and accidental left there over night. I went back this morning and they were gone. I'm hoping someone who owns a cottage there has picked them up. If anyone on this site has a cottage or knows someone who does could you please ask around for me. One was a baitcaster rod and the other was a spinning rod. Thanks in advance for any help!!!!!!!!
Chris

·
Registered
50 Posts
I left 2 rods in east branch (Musquash) last night, August 8. The rods were set down behind the pump house and accidental left there over night. I went back this morning and they were gone. I'm hoping someone who owns a cottage there has picked them up. If anyone on this site has a cottage or knows someone who does could you please ask around for me. One was a baitcaster rod and the other was a spinning rod. Thanks in advance for any help!!!!!!!!
Chris
Aw, man. I really hope you get rods back man. You should have left a few flyers up there before you left, with your number and the rod types.

The person(s) who found it may have noticed the poster, if they fish there often or camp near-by.

I hope you get them back man.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Andrew did some flyers at work yesterday and we are going up tonight to post them around. Wish me luck, i'm going to need it!!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Andrew did some flyers at work yesterday and we are going up tonight to post them around. Wish me luck, i'm going to need it!!!
It's really strange that you brought that up.I was in Crappy Tire yesterday in Saint John picking up one of the Saftey Kits they have on sale.I overheard a guy saying he had found a couple fishing outfits , rod and reel combos the other day. I wish I knew about your loss sooner, hopefully when the posters go up you will get them back. I was fishing the Mispec River one day a couple years ago and made the mistake of setting my box of salmon flies down on a rock to change flies. I must have had two or three hundred bucks worth in that box! I went back to my car and headed home, at that time I just lived a few miles up the road in RedHead.When I unpacked my gear I realized what I had done and immediately beat it back up the road to where I was fishing. Guess What,NOTHING! I didn't see another soul the whole time I was fishing and I wasn't gone more than twenty minutes tops.Never saw them again! Same thing happened to a buddy of mine. We were fishing the Bog and for some reason he had his brand new pair of chest waders in his boat. When we loaded the boat, on he set the waders down along side his truck and we merrily went on our way! He called me later on that night to see if I had seen his waders,we again we beat er back to the spot and again NOTHING. It seems that honesty is a thing of the past! Good Luck!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great news, the flyers worked!!!! One of the cottage owners called me and he picked up the rods the night I had forgotten them there. I can't believe I actually got them back, there are some honest people left!! I was starting to get stomach sick, I had just got the baitcaster this year and spent the winter learning how to use it and now I love it. I spent a lot of money on it too, nearly $400 bucks, so getting it back is incredibly awesome!!!!
Thanks for the response Irvine and Gmac. I know what you mean about leaving things and coming right back and there already gone. A few years back I had left a tackle box behind a tree when I went down the shore line a bit further to fish and didn't want to carry it down and back. When I left for the night I ended up forgetting about it and leaving it behind the tree, I realized a few hours later when I got home I left it there. I went back to get it.......gone. It really wasn't in plan sight either. Like you said, it does take any time at all, it's crazy how fast something can get stolen, especially when there isn't anyone around at the time. Well I'm just really thankful that I was able to get the rods back this time, and hopefully there won't be a "next time"!!! Big wake up call thats for sure!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Great news, the flyers worked!!!! One of the cottage owners called me and he picked up the rods the night I had forgotten them there. I can't believe I actually got them back, there are some honest people left!! I was starting to get stomach sick, I had just got the baitcaster this year and spent the winter learning how to use it and now I love it. I spent a lot of money on it too, nearly $400 bucks, so getting it back is incredibly awesome!!!!
Thanks for the response Irvine and Gmac. I know what you mean about leaving things and coming right back and there already gone. A few years back I had left a tackle box behind a tree when I went down the shore line a bit further to fish and didn't want to carry it down and back. When I left for the night I ended up forgetting about it and leaving it behind the tree, I realized a few hours later when I got home I left it there. I went back to get it.......gone. It really wasn't in plan sight either. Like you said, it does take any time at all, it's crazy how fast something can get stolen, especially when there isn't anyone around at the time. Well I'm just really thankful that I was able to get the rods back this time, and hopefully there won't be a "next time"!!! Big wake up call thats for sure!!
Congratulations Bud, you just restored my faith in humanity! We are all human, we will continue to make mistakes,but thank God there are a few out there that will make it right again!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
good to here you got them back!

i left my gripper in the nprth end the other night, but i bet it's still there...because it's in 6' of water! lol, i hooked it on the back cast and it went plop out into the water. the scale was already broken on it by my biggest striper last year, i had tape on it just so i could still use it, so the only piece of it you can see underwater is the metalic jaws. i'll try for it when i get my car and kayak back, but for now i'm using a cheap back up gripper and have ordered a new style floating one on friday.

since back in the days when i did stage and music work i always try to do what we called an "idiot check" just before i leave. you know, just to check the generalarea to make sure i'm not being dumb and leaving stuff behind, or dropped something, or put something down so i could put away something else. now that i've said that, i wonder if i picked up my cheap-o back up gripper? i had just lost that big fish and i was in a hurry....

·
Registered
357 Posts
good to here you got them back!

i left my gripper in the nprth end the other night, but i bet it's still there...because it's in 6' of water! lol, i hooked it on the back cast and it went plop out into the water. the scale was already broken on it by my biggest striper last year, i had tape on it just so i could still use it, so the only piece of it you can see underwater is the metalic jaws. i'll try for it when i get my car and kayak back, but for now i'm using a cheap back up gripper and have ordered a new style floating one on friday.

since back in the days when i did stage and music work i always try to do what we called an "idiot check" just before i leave. you know, just to check the generalarea to make sure i'm not being dumb and leaving stuff behind, or dropped something, or put something down so i could put away something else. now that i've said that, i wonder if i picked up my cheap-o back up gripper? i had just lost that big fish and i was in a hurry....
I hear ya, how many times does a guy have to forget to put the plug in the damn boat before he remembers every time!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts