New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy's, well last year i was one of the crazy people that went out ice fishing December 14th...and might repeat that this year... only thing is i dont have an ice status and i live in the miramichi area...could anyone living in the french/maquapit lake area's possibly give me an ice status.. with the cold front we've had this year ice might not be too bad... might be another early year.. :D

·
Registered
532 Posts
No ice here yet. We've had alternating cold then warm days with rain, so every time the water starts to slush and ice over, it's melted a couple of days later. I'm in Fredericton.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Saint John's also been wide open so far. There's been a clear pattern since the latter half of November that any plus-zero days come with rain or high wind or both. Ice doesn't have a chance to build up at all. Unless things drastically change I don't think we'll see shacks out on the river before January first like in some spots last year.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm looking to deploy a shack this year for the first time. 12x6...hopefully.

From the looks of this weather in Saint John, going to be a late and short season

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
I'm looking to deploy a shack this year for the first time. 12x6...hopefully.

From the looks of this weather in Saint John, going to be a late and short season
That's probably a fair and accurate assessment.

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
It doesn't look like ice will even start to form until at least January by the looks of Environment Canada's extended outlook.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Ice fishing? I was banging my head off my desk yesterday stuck at work wishing I could be out on the water kayak fishing... it would have been a great day out there! Heck, looking at the long term forecast, there is a chance I could get out in the kayak over Christmas week!

·
Registered
981 Posts
If this keeps up, instead catching all of those tommycod along with the sturgeon, we'll start bringing in baitstealing smelt! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts