New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,
looking for fellow angelers to help in a worthy cause. we're trying to start a frishing program for the kids at the moncton boys and girls club but ned rods, reels, lines hooks and anything else ytou may have that can help a future generation leaqrn the love of fishing. We hope to have a basic fly tying clas for these children started tthis fall and if you have anything that could help feel free to drop in and let us know . ( by that i mean leave a comment and i'll be sure tog et back to you) I there's any rich people outther that waqnt to help, a tax receipt can be issued as we are a registered non-profit chariy
we appreciate all the help we can get a nd thaqnks in advance to all that can help or even just spread the word to your friends

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just a suggestion. Maybe call Department of Natural Resources in Miramichi, Fredericton and Moncton and ask if they have any Rods that are uinclaimed. Meaning I'm sure they seized a lot of rods the last few years on the Miramichi alone due to the single barbless hook rules came into effect.

I can't see why they cannot donate this stuff. It's for the kids!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Maybe if DNR was like other provinces and collected deer hides from hunters they could turn around an sell them and put the little bit of money they make from it towards kids programs like yours above.

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
You should also contact the dept. of tourism and recreation. They may have money for that sort of thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you just drop it off at the club anytime? what are the hours and address?

Thanks.

Ive got 3 or 4 rods and reels that I never use and a bit of tackle I wouldent mind droping off the next time I am in Moncton.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
i will see what i can do. i`m far from rich, lol, but i have had an idea to raise gear in a contest and i was thinking of boys and girls clubs when i came up with it. they would be the best ones to recieve the gear, so this fits right in. basicly a once a month contest with fishing gear as the entry fee, that way anybody could enter.

either way i`m sure i can come up with something,

·
Registered
40 Posts
hey guys the response is getting goood and yes you can drop stuff os to the office at the boys club and tel them it's for "derick" ( he's the program co-ordinator) he will see it gets to the kids for fishing.
IPOP you have all the support you can get from us...as a "friend of the club" I will do al i can to get you some publicity for any events you may have in mind as they will be in support of the kids at the club.
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO CAN HELP OUT IN ANY WAY

anyone that can tye flies better than|I can ( and that;s just about everyone) would be welcome to help out this winter ...time is not set yet but most likely one evening a week for an hour or two. my flies suck but i do kow the basics and c an at least teach that much and let them develope their skills as we go ( I may even get better myself...lol)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jim contact the local boys a nd girls club in your area...i'm sure they would be happy to have any assistance you can give and if you have a couple of hours a week to give they will love you. Volunteers are hard to come by in any town or city.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
do you have the address in moncton? i will be there thursday and have some gear to drop off for them.

i wasn`t actually looking for publicity, sometimes i think i get to much of that already. the idea came from looking at some sort of contest to replace one i`m not as interested in as i was last year - i don`t have as much time, etc. i thought of the boys and girls clubs, was thinking i need to get a hold of them, then saw this lead, which sort of wrapped the whole thing up.
my idea was to have a cpr (catch photo release) tourney with the entry fee being a piece of fishing gear, any piece of fishing gear. the contest would run for a week or weekend once a month and put individuals against me...and my ace in the hole - the kids! sort of a "top ipop & company" contest. if some one posted more species than the kids and i, they get half of the gear. if the kids and i win, the kids get to keep it all. my idea was to run it for each club once a season but i need to look into how many clubs there are in nb and if they are interested etc. what do you think?

·
Registered
40 Posts
ipo the adress is everett street ( take cedar from mountain road and everett runs off on the left) it's a larger single story brick building on the right...large signage in the front of the building...best entry during the day is through the day care entrance from the parking lot at the end of the building...take 1st hall on left after entering and go to end of the hall for the offices. Thank you for your support on behalf of the kids

·
Registered
40 Posts
IPOP THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH
DROPPED BY THE BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB TODAY AND THEY SHOWED ME WHAT YOU DROPPED OFF...I WAS FLABBERGASTED YOU ARE A VERY GENEROUS PERSON AND I KNOW THE KIDS WILL BE VERY GRATEFULL FOR YOUR DONATION OF SO MUCH
a lot of people don't know that the majority of these kids come from very low income families a nd for someone to be willing to help them do things like go fishing means the world to them

thank you again from the kids and a special high five and tight lines forever from myself

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
i`m glad i could help robert. i will still be looking at a contest or something else to see is we can get some more gear for all the boys and girls clubs here.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was informed that "some one" dropped off some more fishing gear for the kids either today or yesterday without much ceremony..jst left it at the club.
Shoould that have been someone from here I wish to thank you and the kkids are gratefull I am sure. we pplan to get them out fishing as soon as school is over with and we can arrange a driver for the club bus

1 - 15 of 15 Posts