New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anybody else hear about this? Apparently, this year the Dieppe Fly Fishing Forum is going to take place at the Moncton Coliseum at the same time as the Moncton Boat Show and the NB Sportsmen Show. That's not cool. The boat show alone takes up the whole coliseum. Where will the others be, or is everybody going to have to cut their show by a third of the normal size? I also heard that the smaller "side-show" guys are going to have to pay $800 to put up a table so they can show/sell their wares this year. That's kinda steep. I can't imaging there will be many fly tiers there selling their stuff, for example, as they'd have to sell a helluvalot of flies just to break even. They're one of the main reasons I go to the Dieppe Fly Fishing Forum. If they're not going to be there, I don't particularly want to go this year. I hope it's all just a rumour and that the Dieppe Fly Fishing Forum will either be at the NBCC again, or on a different date at the Coliseum.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I think it's a great idea. Now I don't have to drive across Moncton to see both events and the Dieppe Fly Fishing Forum will have more room.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The Dieppe Fly Fishing Forum is moving to the Moncton Coliseum and will partner with the Sprostmen's show and the boat show. The boat show only takes the agrena section. The Sprostmen's show will take half of the Moncton Colseium and we will take the other half....so more room for the fly fishing section! The Dieppe Fly Tying is still running the Fly Fishing Forum and exhibitors in our area is paying lot less than the other exhibitors.......look at our exciting program and how each exhibitor is paying to get a booth. It is all on our website at www.flyfishingforum.ca
Last year, we had more than 10 exhibitors on a waiting list because we didn't have enough room at the NBCC.....with moving at the coliseum, we can accomodate all of them and be able to add more...+ more tiers...+ a bigger and real Fly casting aisle........

Hoped I answered all your question!

Jacques

·
Registered
888 Posts
I actually think this is a great idea and not only because I hit both shows each year on the same day which makes it one busy day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts