New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to first say the Marimichi River Assc. is doing a fantastic job taken care of these camps. The last day there we were packing late Due to great fishing and about 1 pm a truck pulled in 2 guys jumped out Dave and Doug I asked if they were the next group they said no just here to check on the camp before the next group. They asked about the fishing and then started pulling out lawn mowers and whipper snippers and going to it ( not that it needed it ) but they were detremined to freashen it up for the next group. I asked about the camp inside they said that most groups are good at cleaning the inside I asked for them to go look before we left they said no not till we leave. I was kinda wanting to know if it was ok . but then one of them piped upped and said we know it's clean the mop bucket smells like cleaner and the outhuose was spotless. ( That's my wife for ya ) Anyway I just wanna suggest any fund raiser for that assc. will get my donation !
Rained the 1st day and did alot of scoping out pools. The 2 pools by the camp . were not fishable no water ! the American pool was the only pool that we made it to as far as pools on the lower streach ( I suggest a bike if you plan on to fish these ) unless you wanna spend all your time walking. In total there were 5 fish hooked and landed 3 being a griles and 1 nice big hookbill landed by fish4life 38 to 40 " another hen about 37 39". That was me
on the last day. My 13yr old hooked into fish but couldn't land one but just as well. As far as the wife she cought the 1st fish of the trip a 5 " trout... LOL but all was a great trip and early morning was best the last morning there produced the best as it was cool and assuming the water rose about 3 inches from the rain. All fished hooked with wet flies .. tried boomers and you could see the fish swimming up to look at it then just roll over to swim away. I trip I recommend to anyone that wants to get away with family members that might wanna see what this salmon fishing is all about !

·
Registered
576 Posts
some nice size fish! and seems everyone managed to hook into a fish, no matter the size or species... that's always nice too

·
Registered
115 Posts
Miramichi watershed mananagement committee is who is looking after the camps....Dave and Dale would have been the guys doing the work....

·
Registered
260 Posts
We were the party before you. we went in the afternoon of the 24 and left at 1pm the 26.. the water was getting a little low we hooked some fish and had a good time . We cleaned up the camp as people keep leaving little things that they think other will use someone even left a barbeque there as you saw glad you had a good trip.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Miramichi watershed mananagement committee is who is looking after the camps....Dave and Dale would have been the guys doing the work....
Thanks fishinnut ! it was dale not doug. if you know these 2 gentlemen tell them that they are gentlemen and I am I gonna donate $$ to the Miramichi watershed mananagement committee because of these guys ! And Old Guide was the group before I'd have to say Kudos for him leaving the camp the way it was we just missed each other as the floor was still wet when we arrived at 1:30. As far as the barbque it was there on June 26th as a fellow I know was there then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts