New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a crown reserve draw and one person from my party can no longer go. I have looked through the regs but found nothing mentioned. Can a person replace the original party member identified in the draw application?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I heard from a good source that the regs have changed somewhat. Maybe B.S. but here is what I heard. You have to pay the fee of the entire party to secure the dates I think by the end of April.

If someone or 2 guys cannot make it then you can sub those with other guys but have to pay an additional fee for 2 people. So the 2 people that cannot go are now out the money.

What was happening is that 4 guys were making up a party with names of people that could care less to go this way it increased the odds getting picked. The guys would get together and sub out so that they got their 4 guys together. Now it's going to cost you to sub out.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
As far as I know, the draw fee of $7.00 per angler is none refundable and the payment for the 4 anglers is due by the end of April and if you sub 2 anglers there is no additional fee. None of the money paid is refundable

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have a crown reserve draw and one person from my party can no longer go. I have looked through the regs but found nothing mentioned. Can a person replace the original party member identified in the draw application?
Riggs call Jenny Hodgson 506 453 7121 she will tell you what you need to do she is located at DNR in Fredricton

·
Registered
888 Posts
I don't believe the substitution rule changed this year. However, they had planned to change them just ran out of time to gitter done. That's probably why the rule book says nothing on substitutions, they didn't get the changes done on time.
Now, for next year, get ready for some big changes. They are trying to find a good balance between discouraging cheaters but allowing a substitute for parties that sincerely need to substitute someone. I suspect it will involve a hefty fee, but I don't know anything, just guessing on that part of it.
One thing you can count on, the substitution rule as we know it will be gone forever after this year.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I agree lobsterman, but as far as riggs he should just call Jenny to get the facts. I'm gonna share my opinion on this draw thing and what I think will work and discourage cheating. Have the licences available before the draw any person who applies must have a valid licence with thier licence # recorded on the application form. I think that will save alot of ghost names.Not only will it help the draw but it will ease the vendor selling the licence and maybe increasing his business during the weeks before the season not the week of. It will take a little work but i think this is a win win. I'f your gonna apply buy a licence if you don't wanna buy a licence don't apply. As far as subs and backing out you lose your entry fee but the sub comming in must have a licence purchased before you can add him.There is enough time alotted for this considering the draw is in Mar. and doesn't have to be paid in full till Apr. This is just my thoughts I'm open to other suggestions ..maybe another post to start the convo.

·
Registered
138 Posts
That sounds like the best idea, if you had to have your salmon lic purchased before the draw and put everyones lic number on the entry form that would be the best.
Bill G.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I agree lobsterman, but as far as riggs he should just call Jenny to get the facts. I'm gonna share my opinion on this draw thing and what I think will work and discourage cheating. Have the licences available before the draw any person who applies must have a valid licence with thier licence # recorded on the application form. I think that will save alot of ghost names.Not only will it help the draw but it will ease the vendor selling the licence and maybe increasing his business during the weeks before the season not the week of. It will take a little work but i think this is a win win. I'f your gonna apply buy a licence if you don't wanna buy a licence don't apply. As far as subs and backing out you lose your entry fee but the sub comming in must have a licence purchased before you can add him.There is enough time alotted for this considering the draw is in Mar. and doesn't have to be paid in full till Apr. This is just my thoughts I'm open to other suggestions ..maybe another post to start the convo.
This would be right way for shure. But do you think the goverment will miss out on those extra aplication fees???? Just think of the moose draw. In the end its all about money and they dont give a rats a$$ about us sportsman.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Two things you can count on:
1) substitution rules will be changed before next season
2) there will be extra fees of some sort involved

1 - 10 of 10 Posts