New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
i tyed up a couple "cristmas tree" flies already, i'll have to do a few more and probabley a number of others to add to the flies i have from the last few years.

i'm a slow tyer, both arms are bad, so 1-2 flies a day is the best i can do.

i only lost 3 flies last year fishing for black salmon, how many do you go through/lose per trip in the spring?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i tyed up a couple "cristmas tree" flies already, i'll have to do a few more and probabley a number of others to add to the flies i have from the last few years.

i'm a slow tyer, both arms are bad, so 1-2 flies a day is the best i can do.

i only lost 3 flies last year fishing for black salmon, how many do you go through/lose per trip in the spring?
I lost 4 last year on my first trip, one break off, one in a tree which was a combo of a bad backcast and a gust f wind...i blamed it on the wind :blink:and 2 to snags...i guess 5 if you count the one that got all chewed up to the point of being unusable...i tie way more thn i would use myself but i like to tie a bunch of each of my fav patterns and a few experimentals, always have atleast a couple of each incase i find one that really works well on a particular day..if it works guranteed you wil lose it if its your only one...plus i give a lot away and trade a few ...plus a ,lot of good black salmon flies double as good pickerel and smallmouth flies as well

1 - 3 of 3 Posts