New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone fish off of these points ? I have seen lots of people fishing by bridges pretty close to the open ocean but yet to find any real good brooks . i'm from moncton so I wouldn't have a clue where to start looking. any advice / help would be appreciated. tips on roads / areas can be pm me . not asking for specific spots just areas. i'll go looking around myself from there.

·
Registered
108 Posts
chris, one spot you can try is on hwy 126, about 10kms from lyons general store, you'll come to a fair size brook crossing the hwy, that is part of the cocagne river system, a lot of people fish there by the bridge but up and down river a bit would problably be good for the next few weeks, last week a friend caught a 20 inch and a 16 inch trout in the same afternoon, they were probably sea run trouts. good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that area fairly well . Grandparents used to live up in adamsville so i've gone up that road plenty of times . i've seen a few cars parked. I'll do some looking around thanks !

·
Registered
6 Posts
ive got a cottage in rexton and take the 126 all the time. between where the first little bridge is on the 126 and rogersville there are lots of small brooks and streams ive fished all of them. theres fish there especially if you can find a few beaver dams along trhe way with flow into them! the cannan river bog is on the west side you can try that but as far as fishing these little brooks and stearms i found there over fished road side so your best bet is to walk up or down dtream till you find a pool away from the main roads where alot of people are always at. hope this helps. and you can always take a little detour into bass river and try the brooks ans streams along there too!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts