New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Just wanted to vent about some blazing idiot that has a 4x4 stuck in the mud down buy the river. He is a regular there as I have seen him drive down the embankment . This time he went to far, he should be fined for the destruction of the environment. People are there with a tractor trying to get him out. People like that should lose all fishing privileges. Just my 2 cents
Appleman

·
Registered
576 Posts
give it a try, if they are ripping the place up, i'm sure something would be said to them, not to mention possible fine that you mention in your first post. The older I get the more I call for things I see... they will ask you where or tell you that they are not interested... I guess if you knew if the vehicle was leaking gas or oil, the authorities would be there in a flash!

·
Registered
13 Posts
just past by there earlier..the tractor looked to be stuck also because they had a excavator down there trying to pull both out
im sure the owner of that land will not be to impressed...does who fish there often must have noticed that the no traspassing area is larger than last year. they posted the land much closer to the road than before
this truck being stuck down there will not help

·
Registered
9 Posts
Actually speaking of that river I noticed the area that was posted down from the road. What are the laws here in new brunswick for this? Are the rules different here then Nova Scotia? I'm used to you are allowed to fish any body of water or cross land as long as it is not cultivated land. Is it the same here. I will say this river looks like a nice river to fish in.

·
Banned
97 Posts
The no trespassing signs don't really mean much. I've heard different things but I believe "no trespassing" only applies to motorized vehicles. As well it is a civil matter so the police will do nothing. As well isn't there a law about being a certain distance from the river or body of water. As in as long as you are within x number of meters you are okay? Hopefully someone with the correct information can provide a link and/or links to help out.

·
Registered
576 Posts
my understanding is, no trespassing, means no trespassing, motorized vehicle or on foot, don't matter, but I could be wrong and for fishing rivers, most places you can walk in the water down the river, however once you start walking the bank or up on the bank, and that belongs to whom ever owns the property, so if a private owner owns the property you are not allowed to access the property along the river, it's up to you to know what is private or what is crown.. but again, that's my understanding and the rule i've been following.. right or wrong.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I called last year over a bet that you can fish the river ! Yes you can fish the river as long as your along the river bank, the private property kicks in when not angling and using the property to access or exit the said waters via a short cut. To sum it up as long as you have a pole in your hand and walking along the river bank nothing can be done. But please respect this place!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts