New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the ice is out in the salmon river and if the boat launch in Chipman is good to use. Is the Salmon river flyfishing only this time of the year?? Thanks for your input.!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Im sure you can use the boat landing but the docks I dont think are in yet and as far as fly only quite sure its open season

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey Casey,

Like mentioned, we always use what we want there all season long. There is a teacher I work with that is from Chipman. I am going to ask her to ask her parents to take a look at the culverts to see how high the water is. Will let you know.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi Casey,Salmon River has been clear of ice for a week or so. McLeods Pond,across from the tunnels up river from the dock,still has a little black ice that will be gone shortly.The water is at a good level for this time of year.Normally,at this time of the year,the river is quite high and basically unfishable,not so this year.The launch in Chipman is usable but the dock isn't in yet.It's still a little early for me,I'll be on the MSW Miramichi until the first of June when the white perch start running,but for die-hard pickerel fishermen,I guess it might be good for a day out. Good Luck boys.....Riverboy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts