New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Charlie's rock any good in July. How hard of a walk is it to fish the better pools? Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
91 Posts
There's usually fish there by then and depending on the size of the run and how hard they've been hit by netting lower on the river there could be lots. The walks between the pools are long but the trails are in good shape. You can also drive up to the bridge and hike down to the falls pools.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the information. I will prob. not get drawn anyway. I don't seem to have any luck with the crown draw.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have had Charly's rock three times.
I have yet to see a fish landed on the upper stretch of the river from the bridge to the camp.
We caught lots of trout up that way but no salmon.
End of July early august there is usualy tons of fish in the lower sections.
The first pool is the best long pond pool I beleive.
You want to fish from the left side of the River.
We have had double headers on this pool multiple times. All you need is a little brown bug.

An old fisherman helped me out once hope this can help you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just got my Fly Fishing gear this spring just moved to NB 2 years ago from Ontario was wondering what this draw is when they have it how to get in and how it works? Also was hoping to go somewhere in miramichi fishing how do I know where I am allowed to fish and where I'm not? And last question when do the good Salmon start running up the river?Any input would be greatly appreciated :rolleyes

·
Registered
298 Posts
Just got my Fly Fishing gear this spring just moved to NB 2 years ago from Ontario was wondering what this draw is when they have it how to get in and how it works? Also was hoping to go somewhere in miramichi fishing how do I know where I am allowed to fish and where I'm not? And last question when do the good Salmon start running up the river?Any input would be greatly appreciated :rolleyes
here are 2 links that will help you 1st is the place where you can read up on the draws the main draw is over but there will be a mini draw read up on that. the 2nd are maps of popular salmon rivers they will show what is private and what isn't they are older maps but still pretty close.
1.http://www.gnb.ca/0254/index-e.asp
2.http://www.manzer.net/fish/index.html

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just wondering how far away the camp is from the river? Going to charlies rock Aug 01. Is there any way to access the bottom pools by truck or do you have to walk the whole stretch?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Just wondering how far away the camp is from the river? Going to charlies rock Aug 01. Is there any way to access the bottom pools by truck or do you have to walk the whole stretch?
You have to walk to the pools but you can drive right to the camp. The pools are not far, you just go across North Pole Stream and down the trail, nice easy hike.

·
Registered
24 Posts
sounds good, I have a couple of old fellows that don't like to walk going with me LOL. which pools do you fish when you go JIM VE9WH? Anybody been there yet this year that on this website?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts