New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got drawn for Charlies Rock in Early August. Anyone have any info on the stretch? Thanks

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
It's a terrific stretch, aboy 10k of river, you can drive right to the camp and the trails are good. We had it last year in August and landed 1 32" salmon and several grilse, all in Long Pond Pool

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just wondering if it is the long pool or is it long pond pool for all the action. I read some older posts by Jim VE9WH and he had mentioned long pool before. I am trying to get as much info as possible. Thanks a bunch pal.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
It is Long Pond Pool, it is about 5 minutes or so down the trail after you cross North Pole Stream. A little further down from Long Pond is Charlies Rock Pool

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey Hopman,
I was lucky enough to fish Charlie's last year July 2-4, and had even more luck to be drawn again for July 2-4 this year

2011 consisted of BIG fish, 4 fish in the 20-25 pound range were lost in Long pond pool the first afternoon, while a 38'' and 37'' were landed the following day at Charlie's rock pool. Our last day consisted of large fish being hooked and lost while we managed to land the only 2 grilse of the trip, one of which at Charlie's Rock, and the other in long pond pool. Almost all fish were hooked in these two pools.

A few old ''wise men'' told me, the most productive pool was the last one "The Ledge Pool" (which is no longer on the pool map but remains part of the Charlie's Rock stretch). They advised me to pack a lunch and lots of fluids before starting the journey to the Ledge pool, but assured me I wouldn't be disappointed. We ran out of time last year and didn't get to fish this pool, but i wiil be sure to make the venture this time around.

I will try to repost on here with any useful information once I have returned.
Hope this helps a little,
M

1 - 7 of 7 Posts