New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Anyone have a report for charlie's rock? Just wondering if it has any fish in the pools or has it gone stale?
I was there 11,12,13 got home Saturday. All kinds of fish in Long Pool. Our group raised 8 landed 3 or 4 grillse and 1 salmon. Water is a lttle high but a couple of our guys managed to wade into the middle of the river with a fair bit of caution. The salmon was 32"

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was there 11,12,13 got home Saturday. All kinds of fish in Long Pool. Our group raised 8 landed 3 or 4 grillse and 1 salmon. Water is a lttle high but a couple of our guys managed to wade into the middle of the river with a fair bit of caution. The salmon was 32"
Thanks. Is the long pool the furthest one down on the map? Or is it the one above charlie's rock pool?(longs pond) How is the walking trail? Dad is 68. How long a walk to long pool? Is there a canoe to cross the river? Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Thanks. Is the long pool the furthest one down on the map? Or is it the one above charlie's rock pool?(longs pond) How is the walking trail? Dad is 68. How long a walk to long pool? Is there a canoe to cross the river? Thanks again.
It is the pool above Charlies Rock, the first pool you get to. According to my GPS, it is 615 meters from the boat to the first pool (Long Pool)and the trail is in pretty good shape, a little narrow in places but not too bad

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is the pool above Charlies Rock, the first pool you get to. According to my GPS, it is 615 meters from the boat to the first pool (Long Pool)and the trail is in pretty good shape, a little narrow in places but not too bad
Cool thanks. Any suggestions on flies and size?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Green Bombers and Black Bear Green Butt and if you can get hold of yellow wing butterflies try them too
Thanks for all the information. What size green butts? Do you think the river will be blown out with all this rain? Do you fish long pool on the path side?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Thanks for all the information. What size green butts? Do you think the river will be blown out with all this rain? Do you fish long pool on the path side?
We were using 4, 6 and 8. we fished from the path side but 2 of the guys waded to the middle of the river (not easy with all the water) up near the island with the beaver dam. Not sure what this rain will do, may not have rained up there.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We were using 4, 6 and 8. we fished from the path side but 2 of the guys waded to the middle of the river (not easy with all the water) up near the island with the beaver dam. Not sure what this rain will do, may not have rained up there.
Thanks for all the information. One last question. Was their a boat their should I bring a paddle if there is one there?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for all the information. One last question. Was their a boat their should I bring a paddle if there is one there?
I saw in another thread that the boat was there but it leaked. The boat is operated by a pulley system. If the water isn't too high there is a trail that will take you to a place that you can wade accross the north pole. Sometimes there is even a rope to hang on to while crossing. Good luck. two words Gorham's Hole. Long walk but lot's of fish.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I saw in another thread that the boat was there but it leaked. The boat is operated by a pulley system. If the water isn't too high there is a trail that will take you to a place that you can wade accross the north pole. Sometimes there is even a rope to hang on to while crossing. Good luck. two words Gorham's Hole. Long walk but lot's of fish.
The boat is there and yes it leaks, just needs a real rubber plug instead of the piece of branch that is in it. The rope further downstream is coiled up on the downside of LSW.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The boat is there and yes it leaks, just needs a real rubber plug instead of the piece of branch that is in it. The rope further downstream is coiled up on the downside of LSW.
Cool. I have an extra plug at the house I will bring. I guess I will bring a paddle to get it across. I am not really sure about the rope and how it works so maybe ..... the paddle is the safe bet? From what I can see the water didn't come up on the LSWM. It did on the main river however. You think the province would spring for a new plug? I guess I will just leave mine for others to use.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have you been there recently Jeff? How long a walk to gorham's hole?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was there Thursday to Saturday. You won't need a paddle, the boat is fastened to a steel cable and hooked to a clothes line type steel cable to pull yourself across
Perfect. Is the rubber plug just a normal drain plug for the back end of the boat? If so I could bring one and leave it so others don't have to bail out all the time.

Like this one?
http://www.catfishsyndicate.com/?p=388

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Perfect. Is the rubber plug just a normal drain plug for the back end of the boat? If so I could bring one and leave it so others don't have to bail out all the time.

Like this one?
http://www.catfishsyndicate.com/?p=388
Yup that should do it Freddy, I think it is a 1 inch plug. We just bailed the boat each time we used it, it doesn't fill too much, I just posted a pic of the boat, you can see how it is hooked up and how much water is in it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have you been there recently Jeff? How long a walk to gorham's hole?
I was there the last three years at the end of August. It;s about 45min from long pond, 1hr from the camp. Don't overlook Joe's hole there are some big rocks that we have found fish behind there.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't have a clue how to fish the charlie rock pool or the long pond pool. I was there earlier in the week and it was so confusing. I can't even see where the long pond pool where you start to wade or fish? ( how far out do you wade?)Any specific information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I don't have a clue how to fish the charlie rock pool or the long pond pool. I was there earlier in the week and it was so confusing. I can't even see where the long pond pool where you start to wade or fish? ( how far out do you wade?)Any specific information would be appreciated.
I was there Aug 11 - 13 and the water was to high to wade, we just fished from shore, find a rck to stand on and start fishing. The top of long pond near the beaver dam fished ok and just down a bit from there. I had 1 salmon jump at Charlies Rock Pool, it was just upstream from the 3 big rocks. We had all kinds jumping in long pond pool.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts