New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, im going to cfb gagetown from feb to june for a course and was wondering where good fishing thats close to the base would be, im probbaly gonna be on bike or foot most of the time, i both fly fish or use a spincast but will probably only bring the spin cast out, thanks for any advice

·
Registered
184 Posts
hey guys, im going to cfb gagetown from feb to june for a course and was wondering where good fishing thats close to the base would be, im probbaly gonna be on bike or foot most of the time, i both fly fish or use a spincast but will probably only bring the spin cast out, thanks for any advice
i grew up in oromocto. there is good fishing (or used to be) from shore almost anywhere along the SJ river and oromocto river. also you'll have fun in the deer park ponds. any part of the SJT and oromocto river you can reach by bike is tidal water so you wont need a liscence.

Fish you are likely to catch are yellow perch, white perch, sunfish, SM Bass (some big ones too) Chain pickerel (relative to N pike) also Sturgeon, Striped bass and Muskie are around

·
Registered
138 Posts
Didn't someone hook into a muskie last year fishing off that old dock behind the Burton Court House? Depending on how far your willing to travel on your bike from base you could also try the Portabello stream on the other side of the river on the Church road.

Bill G.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts