New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
whenever i sturgeon fish, i catch catfishh! lol.
nick, sturgeon alley has catfish, and they hang out just below the train bridge too. dicks lake in lepreaux used to have big cat fish for here, up to 3lb.

hook and worm or fish bait. with or without spinner or weights. at french lake this year i lift-dropped a worm on a small spinner across the bottom with lots of success.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Speaking of Catfish / Bullhead...does anyone know why they're turning dead all over the shores in the Gagetown - Oromocto area. I'm always catching them with their tails and fins sometimes half rotted off. They usually have big white blotches or almost completely black and white, and the rest of the body goes jet black. Could parasites do this, and why does this only seem to be affecting the bullhead? Bass and pickerel in that area are full of parasites, but otherwise very healthy looking fish.

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
Speaking of Catfish / Bullhead...does anyone know why they're turning dead all over the shores in the Gagetown - Oromocto area. I'm always catching them with their tails and fins sometimes half rotted off. They usually have big white blotches or almost completely black and white, and the rest of the body goes jet black. Could parasites do this, and why does this only seem to be affecting the bullhead? Bass and pickerel in that area are full of parasites, but otherwise very healthy looking fish.
The same thing is going on along Sturgeon Alley on the Kennebecasis. Two weeks ago we caught a bunch of them there, and every one of them had something wrong with them. I wouldn't eat them from there! Ewwwww!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
i`ve seen the black and white thing for years, this is the first time i`ve heard of the rot thing. wasting decease?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts