New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner

canadian tire sale

4K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Chadman 
#1 ·
I have been looking for a canoe lately and noticed that canadian tire has 2 canoe's $150 off. help me decide which one to get either the green square back one or the pelican 14.5 footer with the folding seats

#2 ·
It really all depends on what you want. Myself I would not go with either as they would not last me a full season. LOL. I am really hard on a canoe and the only one that I would ever consider for myself is an oldtown. I currently have an oldtown discovery and it is worth every pennie I paid. Any other canoe would be in the trash heap by now with what I put this thing through. Both fishing and hunting. But it all depends on what you want to do with it. The square stern will give you a bit more drag. So if you are paddling upstream you are going to work a bit harder with the square stern. If you want to put a small motor on, then the square stern is a little more convienient. Between the two I would tent to leany away from the square stern and go with the other. It will be a little more versatile and easier to paddle. And if you want to add a small motor, a motor mount is inexpensive and very easy to make.. Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.