New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know some spots to fish the Canaan along the Salem road? Prefferebly bass, pickeral or even trout. Havent caught any trout out of the Canaan yet.. Must be where I am fishing. Plus I've been told there's salmon in there, I don't believe the person who said it though.

·
Registered
108 Posts
don't know about salem road but I've caught bass, pickerel and trout in Cherryvale and that is not to far down river from there.

·
Registered
108 Posts
It's possible, my brother is camped out at the campground by the overpass,and he was talking to a fellow that was fishing around there with 30 pound line and something hooked and snaped his line.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cherryvale is before the covered bridge near Blacks store right? I never had any luck at that covered bridge, I heard of people catching nice fish under there though. I've only caught a few chubs and perch and one small bass under there. Should I try using crank baits or my Rapala x-rap, or even spinners?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Cherryvale is before the covered bridge near Blacks store right? I never had any luck at that covered bridge, I heard of people catching nice fish under there though. I've only caught a few chubs and perch and one small bass under there. Should I try using crank baits or my Rapala x-rap, or even spinners?
I was using a crankbait this spring when the water was higher.

·
Registered
13 Posts
does anyone know what time of year is better for small mouth on this river around the old blacks store area

has anyone fished at the bridge where the old " Pam " store was what species are caught there
on the other side of the bridge where the rapids are going further up stream is that locations better for brook trout along the dirt road ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
does anyone know what time of year is better for small mouth on this river around the old blacks store area

has anyone fished at the bridge where the old " Pam " store was what species are caught there
on the other side of the bridge where the rapids are going further up stream is that locations better for brook trout along the dirt road ?
I would like to know also. I never see anyone fishing these spots though. Must be a reason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts