New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was recently looking around Canaan river on Google maps because I have had so much luck there this year that i just had to find new spots. I came across that the Canaan river crosses the 126. I have never fished it there and I have no idea of the water conditions (depth etc) Does anyone here catch bass often or pickerel? I just was wondering if it is any good, and what species the majority if the fish caught there are.

I know I am catching alot of nice smallmouth bass down by cherryvale around 3-4 pounds.\

Any info about here would be appreciated!

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'm not sure where your talking about?
But the Canaan River does not cross the route 126.
You must be looking at something else.

Rob.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure where your talking about?
But the Canaan River does not cross the route 126.
You must be looking at something else.

Rob.
Yes it does I looked on several maps, and they all show it running along the side of the canaan bog and then finally crossing on the 126.

·
Registered
576 Posts
The Canaan River up here at the 126 is just a small dark water brook(fed by bogs) and generally not deep at all, under 3 feet in most places and less than that in others (on the other side of the train tracks at the 126.) All we catch up here in there is small brook trout and chubs and suckers. It's just up the road from me and it's not worth my bother to go there, I'd rather run up to the Miramichi to go fishing than waste my time there. And yup, it is the Canaan river here, the main stem, it's head waters start on the East side of the 126 and with a bunch of tributaries (north and south branches of the Canaan) flowing to it and all flowing west to Coles Island. Would be nice if there was better fishing up here in that river. If you come up, there is a parking spot where the brook flows under the train tracks (next to the 126), you can park there and go up and over the tracks and start fishing the other side going west. If you wanna fish the east side of the 126 you'll need a boat, it's a floating bog and the beavers have a dam next to the road so it's flooded, I've never seen anyone attempt wadding there! lol

·
Registered
355 Posts
Sorry Guys I always just thought it was just a brook there. Didn't realize it was part of the Canaan river.

Rob.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I would not spend any time there either, I live up the road from there, I see the odd car park there but the water would be very warm this time of year and very low.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts