New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was just looking on google maps and seen the canaan bog had a few lakes in it. I was wondering is it a protected area and are you allowed fishing it? Also if you can fish it, does anyone know of any routes to get there? Caught a 5 pounder in the canaan last weekend and was thinking if there is fish that big in there imagine the size of them in the lakes at the bog!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Are you talking of Lake Streame Lake and Lower Lake and Snowshoe Lake they are in the Canaan River Wildlife Management Area. If so Lake Streame Lake if well known for chain pickerel you probably need 4 wheel drive to get to it, the other two lakes I would say probably pickerel and probably much harder to get on. Not much traffic in that area, so if you go be prepared.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey I was just looking on google maps and seen the canaan bog had a few lakes in it. I was wondering is it a protected area and are you allowed fishing it? Also if you can fish it, does anyone know of any routes to get there? Caught a 5 pounder in the canaan last weekend and was thinking if there is fish that big in there imagine the size of them in the lakes at the bog!
Yeah those are the lakes! Thanks for the information about the pickerel in there. Do you know any route to take to get there? Like What road to turn off onto a trail from to get there and how bad the roads are? I really wanted to try there because I kept getting some REAL nice bass and pickerel on my line at canaan river, biggest bass this year was 5 pounds but i had a bass way bigger than that yesterday that snapped me off and a pickerel that spat the hook right close to shore. Any more information from you or anyone would be appreciated Thanks very much!

·
Registered
16 Posts
You need a 4 wheel drive to get to Lake Stream Lake. As for directions the New Brunswick Atlas and some knowledge of the area, if you don't know that area I could not even tell you how to get up there. Lower Lake and Lake Stream Lake drain in the Salmon River not the Canaan River probably no smallmouth. Snowshoe Lake drains in the Forks Stream and goes to the Canaan.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need a 4 wheel drive to get to Lake Stream Lake. As for directions the New Brunswick Atlas and some knowledge of the area, if you don't know that area I could not even tell you how to get up there. Lower Lake and Lake Stream Lake drain in the Salmon River not the Canaan River probably no smallmouth. Snowshoe Lake drains in the Forks Stream and goes to the Canaan.
Thanks For The information! Might just totally forget about this lake now. I heard that lake stream lake gets like only 1 meter deep and has only smaller pickerel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts