New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.. great fishing up on the Cains this morning... I hooked 3 fish, zero landed.. and I rolled 5 other fish.. saw a moose cross the river, hit a fox kit in cole branch on the way up, poor bugger he hit the front drivers side tire dead on...saw a bear cub trying to cross the 126 on the way home and a wood chuck waiting to make his mad dash across the road.. seems like all the animals were trying to play Frogger in front of me! lol oh ya there was one grilse tagged while I was there and a decent size salmon about 12 lbs that was released. great morning on the river.. water dropped over a foot since Wednesday. The air temp was 8 degrees when I arrived there this morning. Lots of people this morning, roughly 10 guys fishing was almost like Quarryville. Some of the other fisherman were rolling fish and hooking up for a few seconds too.

·
Registered
91 Posts
.. great fishing up on the Cains this morning... I hooked 3 fish, zero landed.. and I rolled 5 other fish.. saw a moose cross the river, hit a fox kit in cole branch on the way up, poor bugger he hit the front drivers side tire dead on...saw a bear cub trying to cross the 126 on the way home and a wood chuck waiting to make his mad dash across the road.. seems like all the animals were trying to play Frogger in front of me! lol oh ya there was one grilse tagged while I was there and a decent size salmon about 12 lbs that was released. great morning on the river.. water dropped over a foot since Wednesday. The air temp was 8 degrees when I arrived there this morning. Lots of people this morning, roughly 10 guys fishing was almost like Quarryville. Some of the other fisherman were rolling fish and hooking up for a few seconds too.
What part of the river were you on. Will the salmon go above the 123 bridge this time of year or do they all stay on the lower end?

Thanks

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we were at the lower end. to be honest I've only fished this spot 2 or 3 times and don't know much of how the fish run up through there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts