New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been up as far as the 123 bridge on the cains? I heard the water was desperate low. Any information would be a help. I would love to fish the last day at the upper end but if there is no fish it is a long drive for me.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I spent today on the upper crown reserve stretch on the Cains River and did not see any salmon. The water is low but still floatable by canoe if you are not carrying too much dunnage. I did catch a couple of 2 - 2 1/2 lb trout today. I got a 22 inch trout last week that I figure was between 4 1/2 and 5 1/2 lbs and last Wednesday caught 2 salmon 8 lbs and 10 lbs. The trout was more fun than catching the salmon.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spent today on the upper crown reserve stretch on the Cains River and did not see any salmon. The water is low but still floatable by canoe if you are not carrying too much dunnage. I did catch a couple of 2 - 2 1/2 lb trout today. I got a 22 inch trout last week that I figure was between 4 1/2 and 5 1/2 lbs and last Wednesday caught 2 salmon 8 lbs and 10 lbs. The trout was more fun than catching the salmon.
Were the 2 salmon on the upper cains stretch? Thanks for the information. I was wondering if hopewell area or the 123 have seen salmon yet. Not many days left

·
Registered
105 Posts
Were the 2 salmon on the upper cains stretch? Thanks for the information. I was wondering if hopewell area or the 123 have seen salmon yet. Not many days left
I was above the Acadia Bridge{Italian Bridge} when I caught the 2 salmon. Probably 5-10 miles above Hopewell Lodge.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was above the Acadia Bridge{Italian Bridge} when I caught the 2 salmon. Probably 5-10 miles above Hopewell Lodge.
Cool. I was going to try high-landing pool on Saturday. With all the good fishing they had on the lower Cains this summer they have to get to the upper stretches eventually. Maybe not if we don't get any rain by Saturday. They are calling for rain on Thursday and Friday don't know igf it will make a difference or not.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Cool. I was going to try high-landing pool on Saturday. With all the good fishing they had on the lower Cains this summer they have to get to the upper stretches eventually. Maybe not if we don't get any rain by Saturday. They are calling for rain on Thursday and Friday don't know igf it will make a difference or not.
Can't hurt !! With the full moon this week maybe some new fish will move up. I expected more fish by now but that's my luck.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can't hurt !! With the full moon this week maybe some new fish will move up. I expected more fish by now but that's my luck.
Very true thanks for the information. Oh what fly and size for the salmon? Thanks again Saturday will be the last chance I get hoping for the rain to make em move.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Very true thanks for the information. Oh what fly and size for the salmon? Thanks again Saturday will be the last chance I get hoping for the rain to make em move.
The first one was on a #4 double General Practitioner and the other on a # 6 single Chief Needabah. The trout was on a #6 double LT Special

1 - 9 of 9 Posts