New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Someone told me that the Cains has good Salmon fishing right now...I thought it was only a spring/fall river? Anyone confirm?
typically yes spring for trout and fall for salmon....but with the water and conditions so good they can and will run early...salmon that is.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'm probably running 30% up there (number of times I hooked into fish compared to the number of times I've gone up to fish)... some days are hot and get to hook into several fish and other days not a thing... not even a fish jump or roll... think they are coming in waves, be lucky and be there at the right time i guess

·
Registered
79 Posts
chad....looking for places to fish on cains...would offer a place to stay at our camp on lower otter brook road.

·
Registered
576 Posts
chad....looking for places to fish on cains...would offer a place to stay at our camp on lower otter brook road.
Thanks for the offer Dan. This past year I've had great success fishing salmon throughout the Miramichi river system and it's tributaries, my best year ever..so far I've hooked into 5 big salmon and landed 1, used 3 grilse tags and have release close to a half dozen grilse, not including the ones I missed or only had on for a short period of time. I've had a few guys from the forum tell/show me a few spots.. with the sharing of knowledge there is always the promise from me that I'd take no one to these locations... one of the spots I go to there are times there could be 11 guys fishing a 200 yard stretch.. damn near elbow to elbow... so unfortunately I'm unable to tell you specific locations, however I will say... if you look at the Manzer.net map for the Cains and look at map number 5 (lowest stretch where it flows into the MSW),you should be able to see a few locations on there that are public access and easy to find. I'm not familiar with otter brook road, if it's in that area you would probably be familiar with how to get to some of those locations. Perhaps someone else on the board can give you a little bit more info to get you that much closer.. The other thing too is perhaps you're already familiar with the lower stretch and if so, I don't know anything above map 5 of the Manzer.net map. Sorry again, but I'm pretty certain based on what I have been able to share that you'll be able to find the popular pools there. Good luck and tight lines!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts