New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there - can anyone share a map of the C&R stretches on the Cains? For some reason the govt web site only has pool maps of the regular Crown Reserve stretches. Many thanks!

·
Registered
105 Posts
The upper stretch of C&R on the Cains River starts at Otter Brook and ends at but not including Acadia Bridge pool.On the map it is called the New Bridge Pool.
The lower stretch starts at Acadia Bridge Pool and continues downriver to the Chubb Hole Inclusive above Hopewell Lodge ( I believe this is accurate) I haven't fished the lower stretch recently so am not completely sure of the end but I think this is correct.
Above the upper stretch is open water but Hook and Release for all species.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks chnclr - this is helpful. But does the govt give you a current map if you are successful, showing pools, road access, etc?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yes they do give direction maps as wll as pool maps and signage to get to the pools on the upper stretch is quite good as well. On the upper stretch I caught two 23 inch trout and a couple of others over 20 inches and plenty 16-18 inch beauties. The upper stretch is getting a lot of traffic so getting drawn is tough. The only times I have fished the lower stretch was floating down river by canoe so I am not sure of the signage there. Blue Rock and Chub Hole pools always produce large brookies on that stretch!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts