New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner

Buying Flies Online

7K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  ipop 
I have to comment not cause a stir .. I have been enjoying this site .. and lots of great things to learn on here .. but something today really bothered me! This whole topic about fly tying and buying on the internet caused a member to send a personal message to ella which I find is quite rude .. saying she has taken work from ppl. and under cutting prices when there are ppl. out there making a living off tying flies from N.B. and that how would she feel if someone showed up at her real job ?? saying they would do it for nothing. Well let me tell ya all that read this Ella is a person that loves the outdoors and takin pictures .. she has been on numerous trips with me and just can't grasp the concept of someoneone killing a fish. I do keep the odd trout .. to comsume the day of catch but once she realized that not all fish has to be killed .. and they can be released she seammed more interested. one day on the renous we were there and I hooked a salmon it was 37" and after 10 min I had it in .. and released .. she asked why I put it back I said it's law .. but other then the law I want to see that fish produce more. she asked will that fish live I said most do as long as you do things right .. just get them in and let them go. that is how this lady got involed in tying flies. She been on the river .. she takes pictures she understands. with that being said .. saying she is taking from someone trying to make a living .. let me tell you this she buys 90% of her material from local fly shops such as curtis's in blackville .. doaks .. escape anglers.. Georges in the renous .. and every little shop she can find !! the other 10 % is givin to her, and to let you know from what I hear from the fly shops.. they pay ppl. to tie flies for them so if you go to a fly shop you get a fly .. great .. if you choose to shop online great .. it's up to the person and the interaction of those 2 ppl. Sorry for the rant .. I just wish that Drops who ever you are realizes that it's not about the $$ it's about ppl. that had no idea .. and are just learning what a wonderful thing not only new brunswick has but canada and beyond. may all your adventures be an experience not a burden Zamboni-Guy

2ndly,without sounding overly critical,you might consider upgrading your website photos to reflect the progress and quality of the new and improved flies that all your fans here rave about....you just might sell more bugs?
[/quote]
greenmachine I have to admit I love the bantering .. this is nothing personal but you have been to ellas site and you have a thing with her bugs .. I hope your not talking about the ugly bug ? that is something that I had tied and i do not have a clue as to what I'm doing as far as tying.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.