You could contact Ella (member of this site) www.ellasflies.webs.com - I heard positive feedback all the time so far.Anyone have any experience buying flies online? Any decent sites with quality prices/flies? I'm just looking at my options for buying a bunch of flies. I would rather buy local but selection is sometimes not as good.
I bought from Ella and loved the fliesYou could contact Ella (member of this site) www.ellasflies.webs.com - I heard positive feedback all the time so far.
It could be but I can't judge since I don't know her and I never bought anything from her but from what I heard it was worth it. I usually get my flies from local ppl in the greater moncton.Huh?Maybe her website pics don't do them justice?
The problem with cheap flies is that they are.....CHEAP!$0.79 flies are tied in 3rd world sweatshops by child slaves that don't know a trout from a shark.They are made with inferior materials and not very durable imho.
Who mentioned anything about 0.79 $/fly? Ella, if you do ever want to give your flies away for 79 cents a piece, please let me know and I will buy all you can make... ;o)gdog & Paul - Thanks for the support! I really do appreciate it.
And Green Machine - What's wrong with my pics?I know I couldn't really get the lighting right but they're the best I could take.
The only reason my prices are cheap is not because of inferior tying or materials (all of my hooks are Mustad, which is a great brand!), it's simply because I enjoy doing it and am only looking to break even and recoup all the money I've spent on supplies. I'm not looking to make a profit off tying.
If anyone is curious about the quality and wants to see for themselves, then contact me for my address. Send me a SASE and I'll mail you out a fly for free (thanks for the suggestion hubby) and for anyone that's already bought from me, you're more than welcome to a free fly too!
I didn't intend of offend anyone. When I started tying flies, I was giving them away left and right; to anyone who wanted them. I just enjoyed tying. The owner of the shop where I purchased most of my materials and I were talking one day, and he mentioned that there were a lot of tiers out there that were on fixed incomes, and tied either for shops or direct for customers, and the little profit they made kept them afloat. He asked that I keep that in mind when I was giving flies away.I have to comment not cause a stir .. I have been enjoying this site .. and lots of great things to learn on here .. but something today really bothered me! This whole topic about fly tying and buying on the internet caused a member to send a personal message to ella which I find is quite rude .. saying she has taken work from ppl. and under cutting prices when there are ppl. out there making a living off tying flies from N.B. and that how would she feel if someone showed up at her real job ?? saying they would do it for nothing. Well let me tell ya all that read this Ella is a person that loves the outdoors and takin pictures .. she has been on numerous trips with me and just can't grasp the concept of someoneone killing a fish. I do keep the odd trout .. to comsume the day of catch but once she realized that not all fish has to be killed .. and they can be released she seammed more interested. one day on the renous we were there and I hooked a salmon it was 37" and after 10 min I had it in .. and released .. she asked why I put it back I said it's law .. but other then the law I want to see that fish produce more. she asked will that fish live I said most do as long as you do things right .. just get them in and let them go. that is how this lady got involed in tying flies. She been on the river .. she takes pictures she understands. with that being said .. saying she is taking from someone trying to make a living .. let me tell you this she buys 90% of her material from local fly shops such as curtis's in blackville .. doaks .. escape anglers.. Georges in the renous .. and every little shop she can find !! the other 10 % is givin to her, and to let you know from what I hear from the fly shops.. they pay ppl. to tie flies for them so if you go to a fly shop you get a fly .. great .. if you choose to shop online great .. it's up to the person and the interaction of those 2 ppl. Sorry for the rant .. I just wish that Drops who ever you are realizes that it's not about the $$ it's about ppl. that had no idea .. and are just learning what a wonderful thing not only new brunswick has but canada and beyond. may all your adventures be an experience not a burden Zamboni-Guy
Just curious Zamboni-guy.....assuming that is your job(?),and assuming you work for the City of Moncton(?)and assuming that's a pretty decent paying union job(?)....wanna bet that I could find 100 scabs in Moncton tommorrow willing to drive a tractor around in circles for 1/2 your wages?.... how would she feel if someone showed up at her real job ?? saying they would do it for nothing.