New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Wondering about any good outfitters for brook trout ?
There is excellent brook trout fishing in the Miramichi system, many of the salmon outfitters will also offer guides for brook trout. It is not inexpensive.

When you say "outfitter" do you mean a full service provider who is set up to provide a package that includes lodging, meals, guide, tackle, flies, etc. or are you looking for a licensed guide who will accompany you to good trout water, advise you about fly selection, presentation, etc? There are quite a few licensed guides in the province, many of them likely visit this site and might be able to help you out with a day trip if that's what you are looking for.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is excellent brook trout fishing in the Miramichi system, many of the salmon outfitters will also offer guides for brook trout. It is not inexpensive.

When you say "outfitter" do you mean a full service provider who is set up to provide a package that includes lodging, meals, guide, tackle, flies, etc. or are you looking for a licensed guide who will accompany you to good trout water, advise you about fly selection, presentation, etc? There are quite a few licensed guides in the province, many of them likely visit this site and might be able to help you out with a day trip if that's what you are looking for.
Just looking for a guide and a day on the water

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just looking for a guide and a day on the water
OK. I will guess from your username that you are in the Hampton - KV area. You might try calling Larry Adair at Adair's wilderness lodge. He offers guided hunting trips so he knows and works with several local guides. Some of them might also be willing to guide for trout for a day. I don't know this for certain, just guessing.

You might also call some local shops and ask if they would recommend a local guide - try Doirons in Saint John and Sussex Outfitters here in Sussex. You would not be asking them if they provide guides, just if they know of any and how to get in touch with them. I believe the Department of Natural Resources keeps a list of all licensed guides in the Province and perhaps what services they offer, you may be able to get contact info from them.

Other then a couple of lakes, all the trout water in this area is pretty much public access. You may be just as far ahead by picking a new spot for each trip, driving to a bridge or other good access point and jump in the river to explore. Pack a lunch, fish upstream and then back down to your car. Pretty much impossible to get lost, even when you don't know the surrounding countryside. Not likely any hassles with landowners as long as you stay in the river. Lots of places you can wade, so you don't need a boat/canoe, etc. Just pay attention to the info in the NB Fishing Guide about any special dates and gear restrictions.

Good luck and good fishing.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK. I will guess from your username that you are in the Hampton - KV area. You might try calling Larry Adair at Adair's wilderness lodge. He offers guided hunting trips so he knows and works with several local guides. Some of them might also be willing to guide for trout for a day. I don't know this for certain, just guessing.

You might also call some local shops and ask if they would recommend a local guide - try Doirons in Saint John and Sussex Outfitters here in Sussex. You would not be asking them if they provide guides, just if they know of any and how to get in touch with them. I believe the Department of Natural Resources keeps a list of all licensed guides in the Province and perhaps what services they offer, you may be able to get contact info from them.

Other then a couple of lakes, all the trout water in this area is pretty much public access. You may be just as far ahead by picking a new spot for each trip, driving to a bridge or other good access point and jump in the river to explore. Pack a lunch, fish upstream and then back down to your car. Pretty much impossible to get lost, even when you don't know the surrounding countryside. Not likely any hassles with landowners as long as you stay in the river. Lots of places you can wade, so you don't need a boat/canoe, etc. Just pay attention to the info in the NB Fishing Guide about any special dates and gear restrictions.

Good luck and good fishing.
Thanks A lot Good Luck this year

1 - 5 of 5 Posts