1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
looks like fun. might have to start entering

·
Registered
428 Posts
The only time I was going to enter, it happened to be free for perch... long story short, I forgot about it, caught a 15" perch and could have won $100-150 bucks. I found they rarely had any contests to enter in our area. The only way to really cheat that I can think of is if you use dynamite, nets or spears. They give you a code and it has to be in the picture next to the fish, with the fish measured in the photo as well. Maybe you could photoshop the code into an old photo of a trophy, but I'm sure they must be able to detect that trickery.

One fella from outwest has won tens of thousands of dollars on bountyfishing. I'm sure he spent more money travelling around to all the best spots than he's ever won though.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
looks like fun. i have seen it before, maybe i`ll give it a try some this year.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Besides Atlantic salmon what fish do you think would be the the best to target, to be in the running for a prize?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you have to go to certain lakes? I thought it didnt matter which lake you just had to catch a fish anywhere.

·
Registered
203 Posts
so how exactly does it work? if you were in a 25" slot is it the closest to 25 inches but still under or what?

ive been on the site a couple times and couldnt really figure it out. and they have salmon listed as a species but no records on the site for the top 10 or anything.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
it works off of the closest to the slot size without hitting or going over it for these 2 contests. i would have entered this weeks but with rain rain and more...rain on the way, fishing could get iffy this week. next week should be a different story! of course, then it goes to 25"...

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
I was inquireing on their forums and have been getting mixed answers. When I asked what does "18 inch slot" mean, some said it means you submit fish up to but not bigger than 18", while others said it means you submit fish minimum 18" and bigger. Still others say it's 18" and bigger, but even if you get one smaller, they say to submit it anyway because you never know, it might end up being the biggest submitted.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
there is actualy a lead on the site that covers this, it`s slot size or less for this contest and the next one. they don`t always do slot sizes. since they don`t actualy use the measure/tape you used in the picture, if you think it`s just over by a hair, it would be better to submit it and let them decide - you never know, it could be the winner!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts