New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

I'm with a research group based out of Halifax, NS. We are currently trying to recruit people to complete a survey on boating safety. The survey asks questions about average fishing trips, use of safety equipment like PFDs and about your opinions of government regulations, different safety issues and so on.

The survey is for people who have used a boat while hunting or fishing at least once within the last 12 months, and who are at least 19 years old.

It takes about 15 - 20 minutes to finish, and you can do it on-line. A link is posted below that will take you to our website. When you finish the survey, you will be given a chance to enter your name in a draw for a $50 Canadian Tire gift certificate. There will be one draw for every 40 people who participate.

All your answers will be kept confidential. We aren't interested in getting anyone in trouble. The contact information for the draw will not be connected to your answers. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have. My contact information is on the website, or you can just ask here if you'd prefer.

Here is our link, where you can find more information and the survey itself:

Boating safety survey website

Thanks for your time.

Brian C.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Brian, your question 10 is faulty. Have a look. Q 10 refers to question 22, which is on an entirely other page.
Also, I would suggest that question 25(?) should allow multiple answers. I refer to the one regarding a pleasant or unpleasant interaction with law enforcement. What if I've had both?
Just some thoughts.
Thanks for the opportunity to provide input on an important topic and good luck with the survey.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I'll fix the numbering for number 10, and I'll make a note about number 25 for when we review our survey.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
a nice simple survey. it might be an idea to see what sort of boat is used, to make the answers more relivant. i mostly use a kayak but also i am often on a motor boat. similarly, there is a difference from having a drink before boating and drinking to much - sounds like splitting hairs but a beer 2 hrs before fishing and a 6 pack as you enter the water are very different things. maybe ask - were you legal to drive?
good luck with your info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks to those who completed the survey. It'll be locked for the next few weeks as we have all the responses we need for now. I'll be taking these suggestions into consideration, and we'll likely be making some changes to our survey in the near future. Chances are I'll be putting it back up in time.

The prizes will be in the mail in a couple days.

Also, if anyone is still interested in helping, I'm also trying to organize some focus group style interviews. These would consist of 5 - 7 people talking about hunting and or fishing trips, boating safety, etc. It would take about 2 hours for the interview, but each participant will get a $25 dollar gift certificate.

Send me an e-mail if you are interested, and I'll get back to you with some details.

You can find more information (including my e-mail) HERE.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts