New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi guys, I would like to know where I could launch my boat at a public launch near Maugerville or Sheffield,thanks Ron
I dont think there are many public boat launches on that side of the river other than right on the jemseg river which dumps into the SJR. you could also try on the gagetown side or oromocto has a public boat launch.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have launched my boat (16' alum) and my partner has launched his Lowe FM 165 right under the trans canada bridge with no problem. There is also a launch by ""Caseys Restaurant"" on hwy 105 about 10 km above the trans canada bridge. I have also launched under the old jemseg bridge off a small dirt road on the Fton side (keep to the right on the dirt road).but I have not been on it this year, so unsure of its condition.

·
Registered
357 Posts
That's one of the major problems we fisherman have, nowhere to put a boat in! We need to lobby government to start putting in public boat launches along our river systems. In the states they actually give land owners tax breaks on their property if they allow them to install boat launches.We used to be able to use the public wharves along our river systems, but the government sold them all off to private landowners and now they are all in private hands. It's ridiculous that I have to launch my boat in at Hampton or Mehans Cove in order to fish along the Norton Shore Road{Sturgeon Alley}.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts