New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know of a good boat insurance company.

I called my Insurance company to get an idea for coverage of fire and theft. Apparently you just cannot buy that you also have to get liability. The boat I may get is a brand new 14 foot aluminum boat, 20 horse power motor and galvanized trailer. The complete package after taxes is right around $9000 with the battery and oars.

They told me for sure it's going to start at $450 and work up from there. He couldn't give me a definite answer unless he had the make and model boat and motor to give me a quote.

Then he told me the boat is covered for liability only while towing but not for damages to the boat, motor and trailer if I decide on no insurance. Basically my truck insurance covers the people I hit with my boat/trailer while towing. So to get fire and theft I a have to get liability also. Brings the frigging prices up!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got the best price from allstate as well. Insurance can get expensive but who wants to continue making payments on something you don't have anymore.

·
Registered
138 Posts
my insurance agent has me on a policy whereby my house insurance covers my boat for theft and the motor is on a seperate schedule that is added to my house policy. I can't say what exactly I'm paying, but i can tell you this, I've been accused of being "cheap" on more than one occaison so I'n thinking that it's not too much. Now ofcourse that would not cover me if i ran into another boat on the water.

BG

·
Registered
298 Posts
I to am with Allstate, I just bought a tent trailor and was concerned about the same issues salmon nut I called and asked they told me exactly what you were told as long as it is attached it's covered but not for damage to the trailor. I asked what it would cost to put coverage on it .. it was $30.00 for the year !

·
Registered
186 Posts
This is probably a bit late, but "OTC insurance" has the best rates that I've found, and deal specifically with Marine insurance. They seem to really know their stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts