New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent so much time and money on salmon fishing the last couple seasons that I haven't even bothered to buy a hunting license. I've seen a few birds while fishing lately and wonder if anyone is participating in "blast and cast"? The idea appeals to me but lately I just can't get excited about anything but fishing.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I used to do the blast and cast on the Cains for years. Fished the morning and evening and hunted birds during the day. Too many things to do,too little time.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I seen 3 to 4 groups doing the blast and cast up on the renous the last 2 days this morning ppl. were starting to pull in. I think someone got too excited with the blast and cast though on the way back.. I ford truck pulled over with a big moose on the back and RCMP at thier tail gate. This was in Harcourt smack dab in the middle of the 126 at 11:30 am be interested in knowing what was going on if anyone hears.

·
Registered
39 Posts
hah, i met him way up the 430, i was heading up to do some fishing on the northwest. I was wondering why he had a moose in the back,, i'd be curious to know how that story ended.

·
Registered
71 Posts
A buddy and myself did a cast and blast Saturday and today at two and a half mile pool back the Burnt Hill mine road (Irving property). Got three birds and two fish on Saturday and one bird and two fish today. Pool is full of fish (unbelievable). We didn't do a lot of hunting (just in and out to the pool).

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A buddy and myself did a cast and blast Saturday and today at two and a half mile pool back the Burnt Hill mine road (Irving property). Got three birds and two fish on Saturday and one bird and two fish today. Pool is full of fish (unbelievable). We didn't do a lot of hunting (just in and out to the pool).
That sounds awesome, good times! Do you have to get a permit from Irving to go in there?

·
Registered
298 Posts
hah, i met him way up the 430, i was heading up to do some fishing on the northwest. I was wondering why he had a moose in the back,, i'd be curious to know how that story ended.
Hookbill, update to the moose on the truck last week. The RCMP recieved a call from a concerned party. The RCMP pulled the vehicle over as it turns out it was a native and everything was legit. Good too see that people are making calls when something doesn't look quite right. The concerned party followed this truck for quite sometime and decided to call after the truck passed the turn off to Rexton.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts