New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how the black salmon fishing is going in Boiestown? I'm going over to the Burtland brook pool and I want to know if people have been having luck there or do I need to go further down river. Also what type of flies should I be using? Should I be using a green machine or should I be using something else?

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
mostly streamers for blacks but big bombers and bugs can work too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey my buddy was in boiestown on sunday & said that he didnt see or get anything...I was fishing around blackville and got 3 real fast with a mickey finn

·
Registered
203 Posts
we were having great luck in doaktown on sunday with blue smelts. probably not as busy now though but it would be a good idea to bring a big stick with you... you could hardly navigate up the river from the bridge, must have been 25 boats or more within just a couple hundred yards of the launch.
people really didnt care about buzzing by you no more than 30 feet away at 70km/hr either.... to me it was quite embarressing for the sport

·
Registered
888 Posts
I had the same experience at Quarryville, including tons o' fish. A little line-up at the boat launch though, and hard to find a place to park. Never saw the likes! But with fish everywhere, no one was crowding the other boats because there was no need to.
I wasn't to Boiestown MM22 but some friends were. They say they had no luck at all at most places but managed to hit a couple of spots where they got a few from shore. Sorry i didn't ask them about what specific places. It sounded hit-and-miss though for sure for the most part.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I fished in Priceville again this morning, fish were jumping early, hooked and lost a coulple right off the bat, then caught a 13 inch trout, then landed a nice salmon, thought it was shaping uo to be a real good day but just like that they shut down and saw no more fish raising, fished a bunch of spots and only had one more hit , headed down to Doaktown, fished for a bit, caught a small grilse, then nothiing for a long time not even any hits so i headed home, fish are moving out FAST, water has come up since sunday, but it is still fairly clear

·
Registered
438 Posts
Just above, between there and Porter Cove, i drove down to the suspension bridge just to look around, saw one boat below it and one up above

·
Registered
104 Posts
After the water raised and got a little dirty during the middle of the week,the fishing got a little tougher. I had great luck this year but I had to change my tactics a bit the last couple of days.
Yes PJ, the fish were rolling and jumping all over the river and are going out quickly. I landed five grilse and lost three grilse and a nice salmon above Doaktown but the fishing was tough. My fishing partner yesterday never hooked a fish and only had one hit! Just luck? Maybe,but I think it had more to do with the flies and technique used that made the difference. One of my buddies in Doaktown landed four yesterday
around the bridges on a renous special. I might also add that this guy really knows what he's doing when he's out there on the river. Most of the guides over there have forgotten more about fishing than
most of the sports that come over to fish. Always remember,if one of these guys makes a suggestion or serves up a nugget of good advice,take it and run with it. They know their stuff. Cheers!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts