New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Depends on the body of water and time of day, but I have great success with a black body and blue tentacles.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Berkley PowerTube in (Pumpkinseed) or (smoke) colour

Strike king denny brauer pro flip tube in (black neon) or (junebug) colour

Zoom salty super tube in (black red flake) or (greenpummpkin-blue) colour

or any tube of your choice in a red pattern seem to be good.

So generally darker colours see to work better for me most of the time and i caught my 3rd biggest bass using a pumpkinseed berkley power tube. (those tubes have a crazy scent to them and work great!)

·
Registered
177 Posts
and like jim said, water temp, clarity, time of day, weather along with many other things can be key things to look at when chosing a colour but the colours that work best 90% of the time for me are those listed above

·
Registered
177 Posts
What about frog baits? I have a few different types of frogs (berkley pumpkinseed as well) and wondering how they work. Never used em before.
if you need help with frogs PM me or email me at [email protected] and ill be happy to answer since this is indeed a tube thread.

And rob, let me know how the tubes work for you, a few summers ago all my big fish were caught on the berkley pumpkinseed tubes. I fished tubes to death and have realised how much of a versatile and great bait they are!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
i agree with all their color options but would add in white (with or without metalic flake). when fishing tubes i start with green pumpkin, then try black and blue, and then white, assuming i don`t already know what they are hitting.
i have caught stripers on black and blue tubes and red, white and blue tubes too.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone. I will try out those colors and see how I do.
I will keep you guys posted.

Rob.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts