New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner

Best Catch of 2010

12K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  madaboutfishing 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I thought it would be neat for everyone to post their best catch of 2010. Doesn't matter what species or where it was caught.

Mine was a smallmouth bass caught by accident while fishing for trout (measured 19").

#2 ·
I would post mine, but the picture is to large of a file. It was a perfect morning tho. Standing in the river, fog still laying thick all around us and I hooked into a small salmon. I will never forget this day because, someone brought a dog and it wouldn't leave me alone during the landing of this fish. The owner stood back and done nothing. Needless to say, I landed my fish, but, it broke my rod from the dog getting all tangled up in my line. It was an Orvis rod which surprised the heck out of me. The fish died due to the dog getting all tangled up in the line and getting it all wraped around the parts of the fishes mouth. For me, it was very a unsettling moment considering, I catch and release only, unless I finally break down and catch mother a couple trout for breakfast...

#4 ·
Even the second time I went to this pool, me and my buddy were sitting on the bank enjoying the view, and I heard a woof, and I said, "Oh NO" So, we put our rods in behind us in the bushes and that dog still managed to get tangled up in my rod. I just tied on a new leader which just cost me ten bucks and the owner just looked at me. The dog is older now, so, next time, it will be something getting a quick kick in the arse. The owner is responsible for his dog and it should be left home on public waters.

I can resize my own pictures. I'm waiting for an awEsome catch before I post. Small salmon are really nothing to brag about unless it is the first one you've ever caught...

#5 ·
the best catch I had was last year May 1 to be exact Dad and I went fishing in Bathurst and I cought the biggest Salmon in my life 30", the action was so good we were catching them all day I know it was only Black Salmon, but dad and I have never fished this place before and we hade a blast great memories

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
My best day was during the second week of May and I was fishing a little olive size 16 callibaetis nymph. There were some fellows from the Miramichi (this was on PEI) fishing there and never caught one while I must have hooked and released 30-40 rainbows, brookies, and sea run trout (all sizes from 10 inches all the way up to 20 inches). They asked me my secret and I showed them right away and when I asked to see what they were using it was a size 10 green machine. When trout fishing I usually nymph and try to match the hatch as best I can. Look under logs, rocks, and always keep an eye out for shucks and flying insects. They are good indicators as to whats happening. If you are real serious get a stomach pump and some small glass jars and pump the 15 inchers you catch and you will know what they are after.

Best of luck everyone and tight lines.

#19 ·
My best catch was a 32 in black salmon but since i was by myslef, which i often am, i got no pic...but il but up the pic of one of the few bass that i have a picture of, not a monster but it was my first bass of the year and it was fun to catch, saw him chasing baitfish in about 2 feet of water while fishing brookies on the naashwalk...dug through my box and found a popper which he nailed...what a fight on a littel 5 foot ultralight...here it is

#23 ·
Post number 6 was edited so half of it is missing as well as numerous posts after that and including post number 1. Not even a message saying something in this thread was edited or changed to suit the moderators ideals when some of the stuff wasn't against any rule.

#25 ·
Ya I see that now. I'm done with this ****. First off the site admin cannot keep this place running correctly. And then it goes down every 6 months or so and all of the posts are lost because he can't figure out how to make a backup of the databases. When you can't post a picture of a dead fish but on the newbrunswickhunting.com site people are posting pictures of them in front of 3 dozen dead coyote's there is something seriously wrong!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.