New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im from ontario and am going to the bay of fundy for a couple days and wanted to do some fishing as i love fishing. I fish for trout and salmon in ontario so i would love to do that in new brunswick but have no clue about where and how and if the regs were any different. any help would be great. thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
hi im from ontario and am going to the bay of fundy for a couple days and wanted to do some fishing as i love fishing. I fish for trout and salmon in ontario so i would love to do that in new brunswick but have no clue about where and how and if the regs were any different. any help would be great. thanks in advance
You're not allowed to fish salmon along the Bay of Fundy coast or in any river that empties into the bay, trout are ok though. To fish salmon, you need to go up northern NB. Here is a link to the NB Rules

2011 Fishing Rules

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi Trout101. What area will you be staying in? Fishing opportunities will be quite different if you are going to Campobello Island as opposed to Fundy National Park, as an example. If you can tell us where you will be spending some time you will probably get some specific tips.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Trout101. What area will you be staying in? Fishing opportunities will be quite different if you are going to Campobello Island as opposed to Fundy National Park, as an example. If you can tell us where you will be spending some time you will probably get some specific tips.
im staying at the point wolf camp ground but i am willing to drive an hour or 2 id like to catch salmon and trout but any fishing would be great. thanks

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
there are land loch salmon in some of the lakes in sw nb, but they are a bit hard to fish from shore. the general area you are talking about has many small mouth bass lakes. lake utopia has both, primarily for boat fishing again but there are number of spots along it to fish from shore. the streams along lake utopia rd. have speckled trout, as does new river, little lepreaux and lepreaux rivers. almost any stream on kingston peninsula has specks. the new river resevoir in saint john has good parking, a play ground, and brown & speckled trout and land loch salmon. fairly small with lots of places to fish from shore and several attached waterways and lakes.
long lake in rockwood park in saint john has good size specks. it`s in the middle of the park and is a bit of a walk, which helps keep the fishing preasure down. there are also smelt in that lake.
if you are into fly fishing, try the hammond river for trout and smallies.

·
Registered
184 Posts
im staying at the point wolf camp ground but i am willing to drive an hour or 2 id like to catch salmon and trout but any fishing would be great. thanks
The only Point Wolf campground that I know about is in Fundy National Park. In the park itself there are some lakes that have trout, you will find information on their website. Relatively near to you is crooked creek, use the search function on this site to find information about that area - reputed to be good trout fishing. There is no Atlantic Salmon fishing nearby. Minimum 2 - 3 hour drive and you are obligated to hire a guide.

The earlier post by Jim has a link to the NB Fishing Rules, read them carefully concerning the requirements for non-residents. Note that in Fundy Park you require an additional Federal license if you choose to fish there.

Rob

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
it`s in fundy? i thought it was in the st. andrews area - sorry. every thing excpet the smallies stays the same. as mentioned above, no atlantic salmon fishing withen a few hours drive, but there is land loch salmon fishing, lots of trout (careful, there are some very specific regs in that area) and even some char if you are interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts