New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, don't know if anyone else has seen this or not, but new Bass Pro announced for early 2015 in Moncton!! :D :D :D follow the link for a bit more info directly from there website!! http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CFPage?storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&appID=34&template=news_display.cfm&newsID=477

Having been to the one in Toronto several times, and a few in the US, we are in for a GREAT new option when it comes to selection and price. If you are like me and have a serious addiction to fishing and the outdoors, this will be incredible for the economy in the area and stuff... can't wait!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Great news Gentleman !! I can't wait.

That should smarten up the local stores with their high prices, and poor service.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I don't know where you are shopping Rob C but my local tackle shop has great prices and service is the absolute best.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have only recently returned to the area, and find that prices are quite high in Moncton and Halifax. Some are not bad, but in general I get my stuff shipped from the interweb! Local shops have some knowledgable people working, but I have had both good and terrible service. Selection is also a big thing for me; BP has a MASSIVE selection of fishing tackle, not to mention smokers, extras, etc. Some things, we just have a hard time finding here unfortunately. Time will tell!

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
Great news Gentleman !! I can't wait.

That should smarten up the local stores with their high prices, and poor service.
It might help with the prices, but BPS's service is about as good as Walmart's.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I live in Moncton and prices and service is terrible to say the least. I will only buy some here if if I can't get it somewhere else or I am stuck. I have to buy from Saint John, or Fredericton, or online.

Doirons in Saint John has been very good to me. Fredericton outfitters is a joke. Their prices are ridiculous. Recently priced a new reel there, and they wanted $50 more than full manufacturer retail price. I will not bother with them anymore. Same reel at Doirons was $60.00 cheaper. Enough said.

Rob.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Rob what about the new "Pro Shop" in the Riverview Crappy Tire store? We are only getting the Hunting Proshop variant down in SJ but they are not opening officially until November. Not sure if it is just more floor space with the same retail people or not.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Some local shops have excellent service/products while others are the opposite. There is a store(I won t name) that moved to Mountain rd that have horrible products and service. I haven't been there in 5 years and the same goes for 4-5 buddies of mine. They have to realize that without clients they have no business.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I can't find my post now (maybe it was on the hunting forum?) where I doubted that BPS was actually coming here since they hadn't taken any steps yet to actually build a store, unlike Cabelas which has taken ALL of the steps already. (Rezoning, buying land, hiring a contractor, etc... etc....)

I'm happy to report that it looks like I was wrong to have doubts. BPS is now hiring (via monster.ca) staff and managers for their Moncton store. So it looks like a go!

·
Registered
130 Posts
wowowowoowowowow awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....I love BPS......been to the ones in Atlanta Georgia and Foxborough Mass....and now we are getting one in Moncton???.....2015....not soon enough and long overdue.....I hope it is stocked well and carrys a good variety.........cant wait.

As far as the ones Ive been to they have so many rods on display it resembles walking through tall grass........lures for every type of fishing you can imagine...terminal tackle....reels that make you drool........fishing gear I have never seen before.....portable fish shacks in abundance....ice gear....tons of clothes......the place is an outdoorsmans dream......

They seem to theme the stores according to the location they are in...the Atlanta store had the usual wildlife display and more on the fresh water lake, river theme whereas the Foxborough store has the typical wildlife stuff but a really neat saltwater theme going for the fishing enthusiasts. Both stores were impressive to say the least...........the Foxborough store I go to every summer while striper fishing. I am fortunate to have a close relative who lives near there in Newport Rhode Island. Cant wait for it to open.!!!!

JimVE9WH....where is this Gallager fella you speak of??...is he the one in Lancaster Mall???

·
Registered
981 Posts
bassfreak, just a note to you that the Lancaster Mall shop (better buy sports, I think) has moved. It's now over where the liquor store used to be, across from Cox on Fairville Boulevard (the Golden Mile). They've quite a bit more room now (but didn't have anything at all for ice fishing when I dropped by the other day).

I don't know much traffic they got in the mall but they're a little out of the way now (people wouldn't think to just drop in while walking by) so hopefully it won't hurt their business. As far as I'm concerned, the more fishing shops in our area the better.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Right Retro.....BetterBuy Sports.....so they are now in that small Mini Mall across from Cox's.......I will have to go over to see what the nnew store has...

I used to like Abbys Tackle at the bottom of Ready St west side.....that guy was a wealth of knowledge and would tell you what you needed to know....is he still working at Doirons??...cant imagine he is still working??...jezz he must be in his 70's now???.

Thanks Jim.......I think that Gallager guy used to bo our on the Marr Road a few years ago wasnt he???...small littel strip mall thingy.....Apple Auto glaas was there ?????and something else...and he had a small shop there too...??....same guy. So now he runs ot out of his house??..Pauline St east side is all residental isnt it?

·
Registered
130 Posts
thougt so Jim,,,,,,so he now runs it from his house??...on Pauline St on the east side??.......if so it would feel odd going up to his house.......;lol.....does it even resemble a store front???

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Yes, he gas his garage done up as a store. There is usually a few of us get together there on Thursday evenings just to tell stories

1 - 20 of 94 Posts