New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Adam,

I meant the last pools on the canoe run we do from Bailey's to HWY 8. Not the last run the fish do. The fish go way up river. Probably a good idea, if you want to hook in any, as I think the main run has passed. My buddy and I fished this morning again from Bailey's to HWY 8 from 530-9 and hooked two sea-run. Not a lot of action besides that.

Anyone else hooking into anything lately on the BOG?

HEADS UP BARTIBOG FISHERMEN!

I say a half dozen goldfish directly under the HWY 8 bridge this morning. They were swimming around in a little dead water directly below the bridge. Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't goldfish part of the carp family? If so, asian carp are very invasive and are taking over rivers in the southern states like you wouldn't believe. It might have just been an ignorant person letting "the kids'" goldfish go, but either way I don't like seeing it in the Bartibog. I was thinking on trying to net them with my dip net, but I never had time to head back up. Any suggestions?

·
122 Posts
Adam,

I meant the last pools on the canoe run we do from Bailey's to HWY 8. Not the last run the fish do. The fish go way up river. Probably a good idea, if you want to hook in any, as I think the main run has passed. My buddy and I fished this morning again from Bailey's to HWY 8 from 530-9 and hooked two sea-run. Not a lot of action besides that.

Anyone else hooking into anything lately on the BOG?

HEADS UP BARTIBOG FISHERMEN!

I say a half dozen goldfish directly under the HWY 8 bridge this morning. They were swimming around in a little dead water directly below the bridge. Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't goldfish part of the carp family? If so, asian carp are very invasive and are taking over rivers in the southern states like you wouldn't believe. It might have just been an ignorant person letting "the kids'" goldfish go, but either way I don't like seeing it in the Bartibog. I was thinking on trying to net them with my dip net, but I never had time to head back up. Any suggestions?
Report this to DNR / DFO immediately.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is there any action on the Bartibog lately???
A week ago (on the 10th) I spent the entire day and fished from goodfellows hole (maybe 8-9km up from the greens/barti junction) down a couple km.
My bud and I each bagged our limit in 8-10'' brookies, but no sea-run giants

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bull's Eye,

Yeah, the tough choices a lad has to make. If you hit up the Bog, let me know what you see/catch.

Well, I only ran the Goodfellows to Bailey's twice, and only once coherent. The run we always do is from Bailey's to the Hwy. Short run with 5 or 6 nice salmon/trout pools (Green Brook, Rodney's Nook, Stewart's, Wallace's, Bishop's and then the bridge pool).

What I am going to do though, is bring my GPS and tag the pools from Goodfellows down to Bailey's. It's a nice run. About 4 hours with fishing. If you have a GPS I can pm you the coodinates. Some people are secretive with their spots, but I like to share with other avid fishermen. My motto is: the more fishermen on the wate and more traffic in and out of these pools, equals more eyes to watch for poachers.

I am heading out for one last night chasing lakers here is Qc. Heading to the in-laws on the Norwest wednesday, and then to the parents in Bartibog. Watch out salmon and trout. Fishing, what a great obsession. lol

Best of luck tonight whichever choice you make.

Hello! Did you ever do the GPS for those pools? I love that river but am not familiar with the pools at all but I have been having a lot of fun catching little trout (pan size)...never hooked a big one yet but I'm going to Ram's Pool today and Iggins? Pool tomorrow...I just started fishing last year and I am hooked! Also I'm the same way, I always share my spots I want people to fish and if people hadn't helped me find pools or spots to fish then I probably would have given up again like I do every year.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts