New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody fishing the Big or Little Bartibog with any luck this year? I usually go a fes times every year, but i'm wondering if its too early yet?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am from the Little Bartibog and the last few years my father and I have been noticing a lot more people fishing during the trout run and the Salmon run. We have always loved this river because of the lack of fishing pressure- compared to the Nor'west, Sou'west, Renous, etc. I think one reason there is more pressure is because of this site and other forms of social media. I use this site a lot, and I really like it. However, it is attributing to more and more people on the Bartibog. There are very few rivers on the Miramichi watershed that get little pressure like the Bartibog, and as a resisdent of this pristine and quiet river, I would like to keep it that way.

My suggestion is to private message each other on how the fish are running, and also about your results. This is merely my opinion, and as adults, one can do whatever they want. Hopefully no one will be offended by this sugegstion.

If anyone wants to know how the Bartibog is running they can PM me personally. I live on it and fish it religiously, as does my father and a couple of our friends.

Just a thought...

·
Registered
9 Posts
get use to it! chum it,s called public access roads and you can blame all the papermill companys that closed there doors that built those roads!!!!!

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'm an old school fisherman and I learned early on that you don't tell your favorite fishing spots or they wil soon become everyones favorite spots until the fishing is no longer much good. Both the younger and the less experienced fishers with their social media and all haven't seemed to clue into that. Just saying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts