New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what productive baits are for ice fishing. Hopeing to give it another go this season.

Also can anyone tip me off to where i might be able to buy a dozen minnows? if not can anyone siggest a spot in either fredericton or french/indial lake where i could drop a trap or handline a few?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Just wondering what productive baits are for ice fishing. Hopeing to give it another go this season.

Also can anyone tip me off to where i might be able to buy a dozen minnows? if not can anyone siggest a spot in either fredericton or french/indial lake where i could drop a trap or handline a few?
Ive thrown traps in at the steel bridges before but is pretty hit or miss, sometimes you get them sometimes you get nothing at all. Most of the strip mine ponds in the minto area have minnows in them and are usually the best bet for setiing traps. Another good bait if you are fishing pickerel are smelts, small whole ones or chunked up big ones work pretty good you just have to always be going arond moving your lines, i find the whole ones you get in bulk that still have the guts and heads work better than the cleaned ones. Dm going t be down at french on a lot of saturdays id prbly be able to set ya up with a doz of you are going to be down there, ill usually be in a blakc and yellow ht pop up shack and i USUALLY have a lot of minnows..just stop in if i got a bunch im usually willing to part witha few

1 - 2 of 2 Posts