New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past summer I shot some regional fishing shows with Rogers TV New Brunswick. If you would like to have a look they are being aired on Rogers Cable 10. We are also almost ready to go with our website at Backwatercasting.com. It is active now but not complete. We will be doing some sponsor give aways on site in the near future. Thanks for having a look, we had a lot of fun and a bit of stress making the shows. Hope you like them.

Rick

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's cool Rick. Do you know when they are airing? I'd love to see them.
Rogers website says the show is on tonight at 5:30 , 6:30 and 9:00. You can check showtimes on the web at Rogers TV NB.
This week show is fishing on Benton for Chain Pickerel. Prefish had us on some big ones but for the show they were mostly the "hammer handle" variety. We had a lot of fun with them and the cameraman got to catch a few during a break for lunch. Thank you for your interest.

Rick

·
Registered
492 Posts
I missed it on the 27th, but I noticed it on (part way through) last night. I enjoyed the show. You sure managed to nail a lot of fish! Nice. Good commentary throughout. I liked that you talked some about the strategy of why you were casting in different spots. That is one of the primary reasons I'd watch a fishing show. The fact that it is in my backyard is even better. I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for your episodes.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I missed it on the 27th, but I noticed it on (part way through) last night. I enjoyed the show. You sure managed to nail a lot of fish! Nice. Good commentary throughout. I liked that you talked some about the strategy of why you were casting in different spots. That is one of the primary reasons I'd watch a fishing show. The fact that it is in my backyard is even better. I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for your episodes.
Hi Bob, one of our goals was to get local fishing on TV as opposed to all of the American stuff that we generally see. On the Benton shoot we got lots of fish but most were much smaller than we had expected. I know my producer had a ball when we stopped for lunch. It was hard convincing him to get back on the camera. The only show that we did that was not strictly local was a road trip to Halifax for some shark fishing. Other than that they were all done reasonably close to home. Now that I have some experience with TV I hope to raise the bar next year.

Rick

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Bob, one of our goals was to get local fishing on TV as opposed to all of the American stuff that we generally see. On the Benton shoot we got lots of fish but most were much smaller than we had expected. I know my producer had a ball when we stopped for lunch. It was hard convincing him to get back on the camera. The only show that we did that was not strictly local was a road trip to Halifax for some shark fishing. Other than that they were all done reasonably close to home. Now that I have some experience with TV I hope to raise the bar next year.

Rick
Our website is up and running at www.backwatercasting.com

Rick

·
Registered
492 Posts
I look forward to watching as many episodes as possible. Good luck with it. I hope it goes well.

BTW, how many episodes did you shoot this year?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I look forward to watching as many episodes as possible. Good luck with it. I hope it goes well.

BTW, how many episodes did you shoot this year?
Bob, We taped nine shows and Rogers is airing one a week until they have all been on, then it goes to reruns. Thanks for watching

Rick

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
i'll try to catch it. what were the other episodes about?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We did four shows on Smallmouth Bass, one on Chain Pickerel, one on Muskies, one on Sharks, one on Sturgeon and we filmed the Children's fishing tournament in Woodstock which was a lot of fun. Several of these shows were very challenging because the fish didn't cooperate and we had to deal with the aftermath of a hurricane in one. It was a lot of fun though and I am looking forward to doing this again next year. Thank you for your interest.

Rick

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, any chance for a "season One" DVD collection? heh heh
Rogers does offer the show on DVD but it is a bit pricey. They have a link http://www.rogerstv.com/page.aspx?lid=16&rid=18&tid=27984. I do not have any access at a better price.

Sorry, the show is not on Bell, it is taped by Rogers for broadcast on their cable network only. Ironically I have Bell because Rogers aren't out here yet. I have to get someone to pvr the shows for me so I can see them.

Rick

·
Registered
355 Posts
Great show Rick. I'm glad to see somebody is out there promoting New Brunswick fishing.
We do have alot of hidden gems out there. I had the pleasure of meeting you this summer and you gave us some advice on going to Benton for the day. We had our best day of the year. It was a blast!! We caught 76 fish. A nice mix of smallmouth and pickerel.
Thanks again. I enjoyed the first show and have set the pvr to record the rest. I'm hoping to pick up some tips and tactics.

Rob Cail from Moncton.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Great show Rick. I'm glad to see somebody is out there promoting New Brunswick fishing.
We do have alot of hidden gems out there. I had the pleasure of meeting you this summer and you gave us some advice on going to Benton for the day. We had our best day of the year. It was a blast!! We caught 76 fish. A nice mix of smallmouth and pickerel.
Thanks again. I enjoyed the first show and have set the pvr to record the rest. I'm hoping to pick up some tips and tactics.

Rob Cail from Moncton.
Rob, glad I was able to help. Were you the guys that were looking at the launch in front of my place? Sounds like you guys caught more fish in there then I did.

Rick

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yes Rick, That was us. 3 guys,Black GMC Crew with the Tracker boat.
We caught and released 76 fish at Benton that great day.
Then the following week we went to French Lake and caught and released 126 fish that day.
It was on fire!!
Good Luck with the show and the web site.

Rob.

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
Rick, any chance you would like to cover our kayak fishing tournaments this summer? I am about to hit up WFN, but I'll give the local guys first dibs.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rick, any chance you would like to cover our kayak fishing tournaments this summer? I am about to hit up WFN, but I'll give the local guys first dibs.
I am still working on the details for next year with Rogers so I cannot make any committments at this time. If you do approach WFN you must shoot in High Definition. I love the line about the sharks circling. Even had the wife laughing.

Rick

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Due to the busy Christmas season shows 8 and 9 will not air until sometime in January. One is a Muskie trip with Clark Rayner and the other is the NBSFA kids tournament out of Woodstock. Thanks for watching.

Rick

1 - 20 of 163 Posts