New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has been doing any fishing in these areas? i have some vacation coming up real soon and was thinking of heading down that way for some flounder/mackerl or whatever i can get to take my bait fishing (usually starfish and sculpins tho). I don't have a boat so am limited to warf fishing. Just curious if it would even be worth the time to go down there for a couple days?

·
Registered
63 Posts
ok great..we are heading up tomorrow for the day and plan on using seaworms ...any other tips ??i ussually just use a weight and worm but read on hear to use a sort of spinner rig thanks again
went up on tuesday got lots of lounder ,,lots of pollock....and some other small fish that looked like smelt with teeth great flounder fishing right now

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im looking to be heading up there on sunday or monday. just wondering what you've been using for bait? would love a bit of a shoreline lunch of a flounder or two.

·
Registered
63 Posts
im looking to be heading up there on sunday or monday. just wondering what you've been using for bait? would love a bit of a shoreline lunch of a flounder or two.
we used seaworms well thats why i call them ...they do have another name ....they were hitting great lots of action along with pollock and another fish that looked like a smelt but had good size teeth for a fish the size of a brook trout (anyone know what these are ???)...also try to go early as there are quite a few ppl fishing when i was there and spots on the wharf are limited with the boat tide up .....and if possible go down the ramp and to the very end of the wharf thats where we had the best luck we got this spot once the ppl there left about halfway through our day and we noticed a big defeence in the flounder room there for 2 or 3 pll fishing close....i also used a spoon for the bottom weight with the hook removed so not to get cought on bottom and it seemed to call them in seemed that way anyway .....anyway that all i learned and can share hahah have a good and let us know how ya do ..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Took a friend down to beaver harbour saturday morning. We got there when the tide was about half way in and fished till it was half way out again. i caught three flounder and my friend caught a mix of fish from smelt, mackerel, flounder to harbour pollock.

There were other people there catching flounder and smelt as well. even seen a harbour porpise. made for a nice day down there. worth the trip from fredericton.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
those were smelts. they look a little different in the summer. the nasty teeth are all show, not very hard at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts