New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just Wondering Everybodys Palns For Opening Day. For me im taking school off to fish the Hammond with my cousin who also taking the day off.Were launching at the the darlings island brige and fishing from there.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Probably stay at home and keep my fingers warm. Hate wearing gloves to fish. LOL. Good luck to all the brave souls that venture out. I'm waiting for blackflies.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Looks like we are going to head out for a bit over the weekend. I'm going just to get out and enjoy the view of the water and a couple pictures. I will take my rod. My question is, has anyone ever weighted their line for April fishing? Sinking line is hard to cast, and I really hate to switch it out with my floating line for the amount I will be doing. Or, has anyone ever been sucessful just using floating line and a streamer?

·
Registered
132 Posts
heading out to Notre Dame and probably to Shediac River hope to see some good action, can't wait to hit the waters hard this summer hope everybody has a good year tight lines everybody
see you on the river I will be the one holding the big one lol

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
Hey RichardLyle,
I exclusively fly fish on the Hammond river for trout. I have always used floating fly line, and I throw small buck bugs at them (#10's - #8's). This year, however, I will be using sinking tip line with my kayak on the Hammond from the opener until mid May. I'll let you all know how it goes.

·
Registered
395 Posts
heading out to Notre Dame and probably to Shediac River hope to see some good action, can't wait to hit the waters hard this summer hope everybody has a good year tight lines everybody
see you on the river I will be the one holding the big one lol
I'll be there too!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
RichardLyle, last year on the miramichi i was surprised by doing better with the floating line rather than with the sinking line that was on the rod i lost there about 3 hrs into the fishing...!! that's why i take spare rods and line!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
i'll be on the miramichi for the first couple days, then the hammond mostly to practice for the ns smallie slam.

·
Registered
357 Posts
i'll be on the miramichi for the first couple days, then the hammond mostly to practice for the ns smallie slam.
I'll probably be at the headwaters of New River,floating the pools down to the falls.Landed some dandy specs last year on opening day,in between the snow flurries and rain showers,BRRRR! I thought I'd outgrow this foolishness!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'll probably be at the headwaters of New River,floating the pools down to the falls.Landed some dandy specs last year on opening day,in between the snow flurries and rain showers,BRRRR! I thought I'd outgrow this foolishness!
I wasn't too far from there as the crow flies myself April 15th last year....yeah,could do without the flurries and bitter wind for sure....brrrrrrr.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Best to luck to all of you.The Hammond is pretty high and we will be getting more rain so i dont know how they will be biting.Just hoping for the best.

·
Streamside Pro Staff ><(((*>
2,366 Posts
@ greenmachine: I like how you think (regarding smallies and trees).

@ hammond river: you're right about that. The river will be rather high with the forecasted rain, and likely muddy. Throw the 5 degrees celcius temps, and it should make for a crappy day fishing in the Hammond. I was going to take Friday off of work and work the Hammond instead, but I think I'll hold off a bit.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@ greenmachine: I like how you think (regarding smallies and trees).

@ hammond river: you're right about that. The river will be rather high with the forecasted rain, and likely muddy. Throw the 5 degrees celcius temps, and it should make for a crappy day fishing in the Hammond. I was going to take Friday off of work and work the Hammond instead, but I think I'll hold off a bit.
Im now reveiwing my plans for the hammond (go away rain)
,i got fish in the cold not catch anything or go to school ,learn and stay dry, I thinking Fishing.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I don't know about opening day,but I plan to slam some Hammond smallies this spring also.....as many as I can into trees,lol.

I wasn't too far from there as the crow flies myself April 15th last year....yeah,could do without the flurries and bitter wind for sure....brrrrrrr.
Yeah,I hear you.We had planned to tent out that night,but had a change of heart when the weather got real dirty towards evening.Now with all the rain,I think we will hold off till next week when the water level goes down a bit.Besides,I haven't seen any blackflies yet,It wouldn't be fair not to feed the locals!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts