New Brunswick Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, anybody get their boat wet yet? I was hoping to get out on mine this week, but hard living in Moncton to see the water conditions at my usual fishing holes. Anybody know of any water within 2 hours that's ok to boat in yet? Hampton, or belle isle bay still in rough shape, or anyone get their boats in Miramichi yet? Nova Scotia is an option as they usually clear up a bit sooner, but then I have to get an out-of-province fishing licence, and I'd rather not bother if I didn't have to. Any info on water conditions is greatly appreciated, Thanks.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Water conditions are great on the miramichi. Water clarity is good and water levels are even a bit low for this time of year. Most of the boat launches are open around the miramichi

·
Registered
888 Posts
Hampton boat launch was good to go more than two weeks ago. Not sure if all of that stretch of water is clear of ice or not though. There was no ice in the water at Hamption before mid-april anyway.

I would think the water would be in the fields though. Hard to know where the river is and isn't when the water gets this high.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks we ended up going to meanans cove....great boat launch. Water was weedy and a few deadheads around but overall pretty good....thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Launched at Hampton Sat morn. Got lost in the dense fog for an hour or so, haha Finally got to the spot we were looking for. landed my first ever short nosed sturgeon and my partner also got one, We got a few perch and a kayaker near us landed a couple sturgeon, Was a good day all in all !! Water is extremely high and there are channels everywhere!!

·
Registered
888 Posts
I hear ya Casey.

I put in at hampton with the wwater at flood stage last year, floated down towards Quispam and lost the river in the high water lol.

Next thing we know we are boating over top of duck blinds and into the woods between the trees ha ha!

After the long winter I tend to forget exactly where the river goes and where it doesn't! This year I'll wait until the water drops.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts